Melianthus offsets or seeds WANTED, please

Placerville, CA(Zone 9a)

I moved back to California, and now i can grow some of my old favorites again :-) I am very fond of S.A. native plants, as that was my country of origin until I was so lucky to come live in the U.S.A. almost 30 years ago. I now live on acreage, and deer is a great nuisance, so I grow most of my fav plant children on the deck and put up a gate at night on the stairs ... so far so good, been here a year now and the "resident ruminant pests" have not come up the stairs yet :-) There is one patch of garden, which we've surrounded by big rocks (hubby has an old John Deere tractor with a backhoe) and in it I'm growing all sorts of highly fragrant, herby stuff like rosemary, thyme, onions, garlic, lavender, Tulbaghia (Society garlic) and so on, having read that deer are reluctant to browse near highly fragrant plants because it might obscure the smell of a predator. Long story, how come i want Melianthus? first because it's 'country kin' of mine, being a S.A. native plant ... and second because i love its peanutty smell, and the turquoisy-blue frilly leaves.

If you read this and have any of the Melianthus aka South African Honeybush ... please contact me so that we can work out a trade that will be mutually beneficial ... i would just love to have some of my beloved shrubs around me. In case other links don't work, you can write me at modjadje at gmail dot com
Thank you for reading!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.