Dry stacked stone

Cross Mountain, TX

Sorry , I think I just posted this in the wrong forum. I posted in beginners gardening instead of this rock forum. Please excuse the double post.
We just moved into a new house with a dry stacked stone wall for a flower beds. Each time we have a heavy rain a few of the dry stack stone's fall down. Can someone recommend an idea to help the dry stack stay in place. As you can see from the pictures, this is a large area and it would almost be impossible to start again from scratch.

Thumbnail by txdds Thumbnail by txdds Thumbnail by txdds
Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

Your question isn't about gardening of any kind. You'd be best off googling construction of dry pack stone walls.
Offhand, it sounds like your problems may be related to an apparent lack of any facility to allow drainage from behind the wall.

Dry stone stacking is a structure method that involves stacking stones on each other without noticeable grout interfacing them. The absence of noticeable mortar makes it a "dry stack." Some grout might be utilized to interface stones when fundamental, yet the stack's outside is "dry" and without any trace of apparent associations

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.