Chicks

Bridgewater, ME

Enjoying the freedom of being able to come out and run around.There was 19 sold 15 so not so messy now to do this

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

Showgirl paint,silkie paints, and cochin silkie mix

Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735
Ferndale, WA

Well yes the bad penny appears again...lol. I have been so busy. My wife and I have adopted a Vietnamese family since Jan of this year. Washington boast of the largest Tulip festival in the United States...second only to Holland. Here are some pictures of our new family. The mother is my pedicurist since I can't reach my feet any longer...lol. She is also now my adopted daughter...I love her and her husband dearly. I now have an adoped daughter from China, and now Vietnam. The older I get the more busy I get so it seems. I hope you enjoy the pictures...Haystack The first pic is Amy...my daughter. Then Amy and her daughter...Nina

Thumbnail by Haystack Thumbnail by Haystack Thumbnail by Haystack Thumbnail by Haystack Thumbnail by Haystack
Ferndale, WA

Oh Green I'm so sorry, I meant to post this on a new thread...I haven't posted for so long I forgot what I was doing. I'm here trying to catch up on everything...Sorry my friend...Hay

Bridgewater, ME

No need to be sorry,you need to post more often so you don't forget how to do things,lol.I miss hearing from you

Ferndale, WA

Donna, I was looking at stuff from your posts and I was so taken back by your beautiful little grandaughters in those cowboy hats...oh so cute. I showed them to my wife and she agreed that those girls are beauties...My goodness how fast they grow...I think of you so often. It just seems like I get so busy and I forget to come on and read.

My granddaughter from China will be comming to live with us soon, she will be with us for three months before off to school in California. I can't wait for her to meet our new Vietnamese family. I and my wife enjoy this new family so much. They have a sixteen year old daughter and she calls me grampa Owie...she has a hard time with the H...lol...Hay

Bridgewater, ME

Its good to be busy,but slow down a little and check in with us all once in awhile,we all miss hearing from you.I have to agree I think my grands are beautiful,the oldest just got her drivers liscense this week.Where has the time gone? Seems like only yesterday that I was rocking her and telling her stories.The other one will be 3 this weekend

(Zone 6b)

Green, they changed the title of this group. I am shocked! It doesn't even say chickens or poultry. Ack.

Richmond, TX

I guess we are not active enough to merit our own forum any more...

(Zone 5a)

This kind of stinks now that we have chickens. :)

Richmond, TX

Post some pictures; perhaps we can stir up some new/renewed interest.

(Zone 5a)

Hey, there's a rooster in my bathroom! He was brought in because his comb was bleeding. We think the two roosters had a disagreement. Some styptic powder was put on it and he was taken back out to the flock after some photos were taken. No more fights that we know of.

The next picture is from a couple of months ago. They liked bunching up now and then.

And the last one... reverse order, I guess. This was when they were wee little things. They were in the box to keep them contained while the cage was being cleaned.

Keeping chickens contained... what a learning experience that has been. They still get out once in awhile but not too often any more. Once when the rest of the family was getting ready to leave, I ask one of the children if the fence will keep them in. "I am too old to be chasing chickens." "Oh, it's fine", says he. HA! I think half the flock got out that afternoon, but it was good exercise.

Oh, one last picture. Here's the coop. We're just waiting for the eggs to start coming.

Thumbnail by Chillybean Thumbnail by Chillybean Thumbnail by Chillybean Thumbnail by Chillybean
(Zone 5a)

Today, we got our first egg and it was the coldest morning of the season so far.

Richmond, TX

Exciting!

(Zone 5a)

Yes, it was, but now we're giving a bunch away. :) Not a bad thing. If we don't have people to give them to, we can handle eating about 6 dozen a week to keep up.

We have learned which hen is the lowest in the pecking order. The poor thing. She is the smallest of the bunch and often flew up to the fence and then hop over. We were so afraid she'd get lost if she wandered too far that her wings were clipped. She's only escaped twice since then. I wish there were a way to let the other hens know, we don't like them bothering the small one. She seems to know they leave her alone if she stays near the rooster.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.