Any experience with giant tree lilly?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

This is one of those plants I'm not sure would work here, but when does it stop a gardener from trying? Visiting my cousins garden in Northern Washington state, these giant tree lilllys made me drool. I brought back a couple marble sized bulbs that are both growing in a pot. The picture posted is from July and temps were in the 90's. Think there is a shot growing here in Houston?

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Just Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Tree isn't too bad either.....I've always been fond of lilies! HaHa!

Good luck with them! You can grow anything.......I have
faith in you! I remember your gorgeous garden! We should
have a revisit......Christi, IslandShari, all of us Houstonians......!
What a delightful afternoon! A day I will always remember!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm down for that!

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9b)

Randy, I thought you had moved after your roundup. Are you still in the same house?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Lynne,
I did, moved to Chicago for a year. I decided not to sell (am glad considering the obscene property value now). Rented the house out, and was obligated to stay at the job in Chicago for 1 year, and moved back to the day that year was up. Got a job at the airport with UA as an operations supervisor, then early retired Dec 2013.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Randy, long time no talk. Watched your adventures though.
These look like P I Lilys with color.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1050

Mine are all heights, some as tall as my roof. My blooms come out sideways, not down. They blow seeds in my yard & as they come up, I try to pot them before they get mowed down.
I would think they would grow well @ your house.
:~)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey Smockete! Wayne and I were just talking about you, wondered how you are.
Great news, I'll plant them in the front.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.