A mini garden.

Opp, AL(Zone 8b)

Been working on this for about 2 yrs. It stays outside.

Thumbnail by purpleinopp Thumbnail by purpleinopp Thumbnail by purpleinopp Thumbnail by purpleinopp Thumbnail by purpleinopp
(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

Cute! I love the tiny succulent plants. They don't grow here- well, not outside!

Opp, AL(Zone 8b)

TY! It's been a blast to make the home-made stuff for it, like the tiny bricks & mushrooms.

When I put this together originally, I had seriously wrong fantasies that it would come inside for winter. It had a lot more plants in it. These are the survivors of 2 winters so far, so I couldn't be happier about that part. They're stunted from the strange conditions, but that's also just fine. It sure could use some taller entities though, like yours has, "trees."

(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

I was trying to find more info about the Pinus mugo 'Short Needle' (dwarf Mugo Pine in my garden) and I found this website... it looks like they have a lot of trees! My mugo has hardly grown at all in 3 years, which is a good thing. The nursery where I bought my trees said they have to be pruned like bonsai- top AND roots. I've never tried bonsai... if mine get too big I'll move them back behind the fairy garden and buy new ones ;-)

http://www.miniforest.com/pimushnemipi.html

I wish I had more time to make things... most of mine is store-bought. When I couldn't find any walls I liked, I made some forms out of cardboard covered with duct tape and made the wall sections using cement and pea gravel with a couple of aluminum wire pieces embedded for anchoring them into the soil.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.