Now that I live in Florida....

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Here is my S. splendens "Dancing Flames"

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

and Salvia microphylla 'Hot Lips', which just opened with the white on the blooms.

I purchased these at a nursery up in Gainesville about 2 weeks ago.

I also have a few agastaches which I moved down here from IL and WI ... all 3 have sent up new growth. Can;t wait to see blooms.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I love Salvia - I bought some hot lips too, but it seems tippy. Is that normal? Also, does anyone know if salvia comes back in Atlanta? I saved my pineapple and scarlet sage from last year, but no signs of regrowth.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Looks like Pineapple Sage is hardy to zone8 ... depending on if you had a really brutal winter... it may come back for you. Could be a late riser.

The scarlet sage... I do not know about.

Sorry -- I don't know what you mean by "tippy".

I think I had Hotlips before .... though I've always lived in zone4-5, so I've never had salvias come back for me before.

Bryan, TX(Zone 8b)

Dancing Flames is such a beautiful plant! I grow several different kinds of salvia and im lucky to have almost all of them come back each year. My baby sage is blooming now! :)

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I'll give it another month. The hot lips I have in a pot and it is so tall the pot tips over in a windstorm. I guess I just need to get it in the ground.... Thanks all.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Mine did very well once planted in the ground. no shock whatsoever. It sits in the scorching sun probably 8hrs a day and no wilting either.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.