Heartbeat

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Poppy fans. I just found this forum. I posted my question on Perennials but got no response. I just bought a "SuperPoppy" called 'Heartbeat'. I am trying to decide where to put it. I think it is a cool color, sort of wine-red or maroon, but really the photos I find sometimes make it look either pink or a warm red. PlantFiles only has one photo-of a bud... Do you have this? what color are they? My plan had been to put it in my "Cool Blue" area.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Pistil, I have it and it start out with a pink color that graduate to a darker red/maroon color. I posted the darker picture last season. just search there and you should find it. Mike

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Oooooh, I like the pink too. No wonder I saw such color variation on web photos. Clearly this goes in the "Cool Blue" area. The ads say it gets 30" tall. Does that seem about right? I have a tendency to believe labels, to my sorrow when they grow 6 feet instead of 3 feet tall! Standard Oriental Poppies are always over 3 feet tall around here.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Pistil, it has not gotten that tall here yet. I believe that this is the fourth year here. You might like this one for the pink garden.
"Super Poppy" Shasta

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.