Bouncing into spring.........April 2015

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Has everyone gotten out of farming? Nobody here to prattle on about what's up on the farm?

The SU and I had to feed calves for the neighbor just down the road. 7 bottle calves and 17 pail calves, all in really nice calf crates. They are all in the former dairy barn, so everything is right there. Just got done with the last feeding. It was a 5-feeding job; they took their kids and went up to the Wisconsin Dells to an indoor water park for a couple of days.

In Feb. we had a relief milking/chore job for 8 days. Really a nice set-up...........a double 8 parlor and 105 cows. Sure was much easier on my old body that I didn't have to bend down/over to milk. The parlor has in-floor radiant heat so that was nice too.

It's finally getting a little more spring-like here, but we could certainly use some rain. We haven't had any, so it was pretty messy when the frost was coming out of the ground.

Come on, peeps............I get lonesome here all by myself. Not EVERYONE has defected to The Other Place, have they??? I hope not, I like this one much better.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!