(Jannich) Jan Nicholson

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Jan Nicholson (Jannich) joined us on October 23, 2004, She was a helpful and active contributor to our African Violet Forum. Jan was an artistic and creative person and loved doing crafts along with gardening. She enjoyed trading plants and you could also find her over in the plant trading forums and round robin areas. She also liked growing tropical plants and was always happy to share.

She was taken from us suddenly and will be missed by many friends and family.

"Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed." ~Walt Whitman

Thumbnail by melody
(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Rest in peace Sis.
I love you.

Sister Lynn

This message was edited Apr 3, 2015 9:12 PM

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Here is the lovely plant hybridized by her friend Thad Scaggs and named in her honor.

Jan's Surprise

Thumbnail by lbrabec
(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I have so many good memories. We had a lot of good times together. Jan was a really good friend. If you knew her on the internet group, you knew her in person, she was just the same. Nice, caring, friendly and great sense of humor.

She really did love growing plants. Indoors, outdoors, didn't matter, she loved all kinds of flowers and plants. Always ready to share her plants and her knowledge of growing them. She loved to experiment with different growing methods. Enjoyed growing from seed...she had great luck with that. I never had much luck with seeds, but Jan had a green thumb with them!

Back when I was growing African Violets, Jan was growing gesneriads. We started trading plants and I would give her av's and she gave me gessies....they were pretty neat and my interest in them grew. Thru the years, we traded a LOT of different kinds of plants. I will really miss that, I've always looked for something "different" to give her.

She gave me the gift of her friendship and I am blessed to have known her. After the rain, comes the rainbow. Love you Jan, Always & Forever

tish

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Rest in peace my friend...

Karen

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Crossville, TN

She Will be missed. My condolences, Lynn. Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.