Very Sad News

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

I am so sorry to inform you all that Jan Nicholson (Jannich),my very good friend and Sister has passed away of a sudden heart attack.I know I will miss her terribly and I know many of you here will miss her too.

With deep Sadness,
Lynn

Thumbnail by lbrabec
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I will miss Jan very much. I will always keep this little beaded violet plant she made me on my desk . . . and her creativity on the bingo hats . . .

Thumbnail by Syrumani Thumbnail by Syrumani
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Here's here Memory Garden Thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1389975/

Saco, ME

I am so very sorry that we lost Jannich as she was truly an asset to all human kind.
She took me under her wing when I first arrived here over 5 years ago and made me feel welcomed.
She shared not only her wit but also her plants, wisdom and heart.
I will keep her and her loved ones in my prayers and will forever be grateful that I had an opportunity in life for our paths to cross.

Rest in Peace dear Jannich and know we will meet again someday friend.

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks so much Lynn for emailing me about Jan. I had let my DG paid membership drop the last time ..and...as this forum has to be paid to read to use, I don't come to the AV's much. Jan was such a good friend, that I paid for a couple months to be able to post here : ).

Thru trial and error Jan gained a lot of plant knowledge and was always ready to share what she knew and what she grew with anyone who was interested.

She was the nicest person and a great friend. We met on the internet trading plants and then when I went to Birmingham to a Dixie African Violet Convention, she came up too and we met in person for the first time. She was just the same in person, it felt like I had known her for years. Its been a great friendship and I will miss her so much.

I will go over and leave a message in the memory garden. Melody, So nice of you to start/post that thread for Jan.

tish

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

So sorry to hear. RIP......

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh Lynn... I am just now seeing this for the first time...
I am so very sorry for the loss, and I am so saddened by this news.
She was one of my very first "friends" here at DG!

Please know that you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.