2015 Birthday card swap April

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday!!!

The DG birthday card club is a way to ensure a special day.

We welcome new members to the birthday thread. Our delightful obligation is to send a card to each birthday club member when his/her birthday occurs.

It's best to receive a pile of cards on or before your birthday so we do our best to send each card in a timely manner. This makes the card more meaningful to the recipient and to the sender. We don't have to send expensive or elaborate cards. We can make one or pick up one at nearly any store these days, or buy a whole box of cards at once and be prepared for the whole year!

It's a wonderful experience to receive cards in the mail.

Current Birthday Club Members:

Jokenna / Tina -- February 26
Dragonflys4me - Chris February 28.
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
Katgroves / Kathy -- October 25
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28

This message was edited Apr 13, 2015 11:12 AM

Thumbnail by taters55
Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
LK, thanks for starting the new thread :)
Amanda, watch your mail! Mailed my card today... and, as usual, it's signed by me and my guide dog :)
Hope everyone is having a good week!
Michelle

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Ladies - I have to admit and you know that I'm not the best at this, but I may surely be one of the most appreciative.

All my "people" are gone and now that my significant other and I broke up (last year after 13 years together) his family stopped including me too.

Life has been hectic and strange for quite a while, but DG is always a place I can come to find friendly faces.

Thank you for putting up with me all this time. I will probably send cards to some old members of this club whose birthdays I missed last year. ;)

xo
A.

I think we all feel that way. I don't know what I would do, without my DG family.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

LK I think it's fun that you got to meet Debra recently. She's on my list of favorite people too. :)

Me too. I have met several wonderful people from here. Someday I hope to get the chance to meet more.

Hi, all.
I don't always get by as often as I'd like, but when I do get to stop by, it's always fun to read about how everyone is doing or what's going on. It's like hearing the latest news from my DG friends :)
Amanda, we're really glad you can join us!
That's really cool that you guys have gotten to meet some DG friends in person. Perhaps I'd have that opportunity to do so some day, too.
Hope you all have a blessed weekend!
Michelle

Hi, all.
Hope you all had a happy Easter :)
Michelle

Happy birthday Amanda. I hope you have a great day.

Thumbnail by taters55

Hi, all.
Amanda, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you get to do something special today :)
Michelle

Ladies, Amanda ask me say Thanks for the Birthday wishes. She only has internet on her phone, and she is having problems logging into DG for some reason!

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Hello everyone I would like to join you all. my birthday is Feb 26th.

Hey Tina. Glad to have you join us.

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Good morning everyone :) Linda, I would like to get back into the birthday club - it's been a long time, but my life is back on keel again (crossing fingers!) lol

Glad to have you back Chris!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Holy Crow! I finally got logged into my account after _______ days (?!). Oy.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes. Sure is nice to have friends. :)

I have a couple of other devices I'll need to log in from and I'll check back in.

Glad to see a couple of new faces!

xo
A.

YEAH, Amanda is back!!!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Ha hah a a- It's been a bumpy year LK, but I'm sure things are improving. :D

Do you need any volunteer hosts for future months? I'm hoping for a return to order in this chaos, soon.

Have a great day everybody! Rain on the east coast....

A.

Volunteers are always welcome.

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

I will volunteer just tell me what to do.

I just need you all to take turns making a new thread for the new months when they arrive. Pretty easy, just copy and paste info to the new thread.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey there!

I am still tecnologically challenged.so i am using my phone to log in. Ha! My eyes are crossing, the text is so small. :)

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes.

Cards are still trickling in so its like super mario brothers level two. Ha. Im silly. Better log off.

Hope.everyone is enjoying spring weather! :)

A.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Happy Tuesday, Ladies!

It sure is a pretty day here.

A.

Thank you Amanda! It is a nice day here too!

Julie has the Succulent Plants Swap
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1391964/

jordankittyjo/Kathy has the Let's Decorate The Garden Swap Open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1391983/

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Lovin my swaps. Interested to hear what others think about seed swappping bans in at least 30 states. Is this the end of us?!

Oh no. I have not heard that. How do they know it is seeds in the package?

Hi, all.
Finally making it by again, though I've been thinking of everyone in my absence :)
What a fun surprise! As I was looking over the beginning of the thread, I see we have two new participants added!
Welcome to Jokenna and Dragonflys4me! So very glad to have you both join us!
I'll volunteer to host for May. My husband and I will get the new thread ready later this week :)
We've been having some beautiful weather lately. Even got a bit of rain :) Hoping to get out to clean up my planters on the deck soon so I can get some seeds planted. (I still haven't gotten out there... sigh!)
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Michelle

Hey, Michelle. Glad to hear you are getting some rain.

Hi, all.
Yes, it was good to have some. Still need lots more, but every bit helps :) Most fell overnight which was nice as Saturday plans weren't affected. I'm sure my plants were cheering!
I hadn't heard about states banning seed swapping, either. Where would one find out more about this?
Have a great Wednesday!
Michelle

8th Annual red white and blue swap is open.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1392629/

I did a google search, and only found articles about sending seeds to foreign countries.

Hi, all.
Follow us on over to the May thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1392913/
Michelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.