Identify real name and where to find it

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

The pink and white bloom is from a Gerbera or Gerbera Daisy plant. At least I THINK it's in that family. If anyone knows for sure, I would appreciate knowing. I call it a spider gerbera, but I am sure that is not what its called at all. What's the real name???? The yellow bloomed plant I know for sure is a Gerbera. Although the blooms of both are different and so are the leaves, I still think they are both Gerberas. If anyone knows where I can get more of the pink bloomed Gerbera or whatever it is, I really would like to have that information too. Mine is almost 5 years old now and I am concerned that one day, it will bite the dust and then I'll be without this beautiful bloom. Thanks ! ! !

Thumbnail by cactusjumper Thumbnail by cactusjumper Thumbnail by cactusjumper
Mesa, AZ

I bought one of these at a Lowes in Sacramento about 4-5 years ago. It is a Spider Gerbera Daisy, just as you said. I think if you go to Amazon you may be able to find by searching for spider gerbera daisy.

Mine died when we moved to the desert. Of course, it snowed when we moved, so it was one of the casualties of the weather.

Susie

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thank you Susie. It's nice to know I wasn't far off the mark on the name. How odd. I only called it a "spider" berbera daisy because it reminded me of a spider mum. lol
I'll take the name and run with it. Perhaps I can find one. Sorry to hear yours died. It's just too pretty of a plant not to have one around. Mine, of course, is in the desert, but it is doing well so far. I just wanted to make sure I always have at least one of them.

Mesa, AZ

Oh, I live in the desert! I used to live in a house in West Mesa that was all tropical plants, a forest of trees and 4 ponds. Moved to East Mesa, live in the desert at on the end of 2 dirt roads, nearest street light over a mile a way and we have a well, so everything is xeriscape! Only 2 miles from Shady Way! The gerbera was bought in Sacramento when we were on vacation, a couple years before we moved to our beautiful new home.

Susie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.