SPRING WEATHER IN YOUR GARDEN

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It's spring so thought we needed a new spring weather topic.

It is raining here now but snow expected on Friday. Geeze, spring just doesn't want to stay around too long.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy, we got a little rain overnight. Going up to the mid fifties today with a small chance of snow tomorrow night. At least the beds are watered.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

72 today and then Friday into Saturday they are calling for rain/snow mix. My weekend to work so guess it really doesn't matter.

Wyoming, MN

Rain and snow here,but we need the moisture. Seeing hints of green in the lawn.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

We are 63° this morning with rain and dropping down to 40 tonight. Here is a photo I took yesterday. Yahoo!!

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

They are predicting snow flurries here today. I don't believe we will have any accumulation, at least I hope not.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

We have a slight chance of snow tonight and tomorrow morning, very windy. OMG it is already 41° (63° this morning!) and tomorrow night is getting down to 29, another freeze! I hope mother nature gets this out of her system before I get my three days off. LOL.

Cindy, we are probably getting a mix but no accumulation for us either. That's one good thing!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

"three days off". So funny. Just be good and I will see what I can do. LOL!!!
It's cold here. 33°f currently, 28 tonight with 46 expected tomorrow with rain and possible sleet. Fifties return on Monday.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

30 here right now and it got down to 19 last night. They are saying that we will warm up into the 60's by the middle of the week.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Mike, I am being good. See what you can do! Dh and I need to dig up a small tree stump. Someone ran a stop sign and tore up my corner garden. LOL. Forget trees and shrubs I need boulders. Oh, the second car took out my lamp post! Did I get money? NO, can you say uninsured motorist? Yup.

==== =)

We got down to 39 last night and for tonight 28 and we also should be in the 60's by Monday. Yahoo!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

We will be close to sixty today.
Susan if it's worth it there's always small claims court.I Certainly hope that those UD get what they deserve from the court system besides a slap on the hand. I am sure we have all noticed that most accidents are caused by UD. I purchased my secret weapon for the garden this morning. Trying this for the first time. NO, I'M not telling!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!
Check back with me in the fall, I promise that I will tell all then.
Went on the south side of the house this morning and this is what I found.
The Crocus was the first to bloom on the eighteenth. DW found the pot at the local flea market. I guess that she's always thinking of me. LOL!!!

This message was edited Mar 31, 2015 8:28 AM

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

We are 69 right now and I am loving it. Got a little yard work done. Good news this morning after we had no luck digging up this broken tree stump, my DH flagged down a bucket truck and got him to scoop the stump out of the ground. It is gone!! Yippee!!

Mike, we were going to file a claim through our insurance but the deductible is four times more than a new lamp post would cost. LOL. We are just going to deal with it. The young man is in enough trouble and I hope he learns his lesson because this one will could him his licence. I am going to buy the cheapest lamp post I can fine because it will probably get mowed down again. This is the second time this has happened and the first time they hit the house!

Great flowers! I have a clump of daffodils coming up through my Hellebore now. LOL.
Mike, you must tell us what you bought because curiosity is killing me. I will not tell, I promise. :) Love your pots, what color are you going to paint them?

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Wyoming, MN

Went out in a sweatshirt had to come in and change to short sleeves. Tomorrow supposed to get to 71 then back to the 50's

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

It is supposed to hit 70 here tomorrow so maybe I can get a few things done outside. Was in the 60's today but was my 12 hour day and was not feeling it after work. Actually just went to Subway for supper. My daffodils are just now starting to bud out. Hope that I have a few in bloom for Easter Sunday.

Everyone have a great night.

Kathy

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

My fingers are crossed for Kathy's daffodils to bloom for Easter Sunday.
Susan, That tire is separated from the rim. He must have hit the curb or something real hard. A solar lamp post should be fine.
I am going to leave the pot in its "Joseph's Coat" colors. LOL!!
Your daffs and hellebore are looking great.
We are going up to about 70°f today. Unfortunately I will be working later. I got a couple Canna's in the mail yesterday. There is nothing like getting something without knowing that it was coming.

This message was edited Apr 2, 2015 9:08 AM

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Cindy!!!! How old are ya? 25??? :D Have a great day mama!!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday Cindy!!!! I am so glad to have someone my age on this forum, yes badcat we are 25, you must be physic!! LOL.

Mike, we have wires sticking up out of the ground and they are begging for electricity. I am not sure what to do except go with the cheapest one, chances are it will get mowed down again. The driver did hit another car and then then the curb and the light post. The other car was on the other side of the yard. The gray car is what slowed him down, he t-boned that car. Otherwise he would have went straight into the house like the last car. It was crazy having two cars in the yard and nothing got hit except the light post, I actually count that as a blessing. I think I need a guard rail. LOL.

Mike, what are you going to put into the pot?

This is the other car and there is a large lady in the front seat, the ambulance is coming for her because of her neck, she was sitting on the side that got hit.

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Nike, the daffodils are just now starting to open, so should have a few for Easter Sunday. Yes, what are you putting in the pot?

My hellebores look a little worse for wear as we had a frost last night, but the sun helped them out.

Everyone enjoy what is left of the day. One more day of work and then at least 3 off unless state doesn't walk in and then I should have 8 days of as I am taking some vacation days.

Kathy

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy, Happy belated Birthday. Praying that you will have many, many more.
Susan your yard look like an extension of the street, no wonder they keep running up on it. LOL!
As far as the pot goes, I am planning on putting some humming bird attracting plants in it. So far I have Salvia Faye Chapel and Salvia Honeymelon coming to compliment the Cypress Vine. It's raining right now. We are going up to 65°f today and twenty degrees cooler tomorrow. " What a difference a day makes". LOL! Came home to a big surprise yesterday from Bev = dragonfly. She sent me a box of all her Golden Starlet Iris.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Mike, only the drunk ones who are unconscious. They need to stay out of the yard. LOL.

I got a couple of salvias coming also and I got some seeds for a couple of nice ones too. I planted Major Wheeler last year and they will love that when it gets big, the flowers start off bright red and change to orange. So far none. :( I also got two caryopteris coming because the bees love them. My cherry tree is blooming!

We got up to 74 today and tomorrow is 78! Yahoo!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!! I have been a bit under the weather for a week. Had to go see the gastro doctor and they think my diverticulitis is flaring up. Have to go for a ct scan on Saturday. That didn't stop me though from going out to eat, lol. We went to Lobsterfest at Red Lobster for my birthday. As long as I don't eat seeds and nuts I am ok.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy good luck on the scan. Most of us, I was told by the doctor have Diverticulitis. Glad you are feeling better.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Mike and you are very right. Most people have it. I think certain foods that shouldn't be eaten can cause flare ups.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Add popcorn to the list.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh I know and I love popcorn and pistachio nuts too.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Has anyone tried the Hull less popcorn? I bought some of the 'Amish Baby White' from GHS over the winter and it is the best stuff. It is not really hull less but the hulls are very small and soft. You can also cram more into your mouth. LOL.

http://www.gardenharvestsupply.com/productcart/pc/baby-white-amish-country-popcorn-c287.htm

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It is good Susan, I have tried it, but unfortunately I am finding that I cannot eat a lot of snack foods anymore. I don't know what they are putting in them but I think I have an allergy to something. They made my stomach sick. I no longer can eat potato chips, cheese curls, cheetos. About the only ones that don't bother me are corn chips. My intestines must not like all the fat in them.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I cannot eat any of that nor can I eat corn chips and I love them to death! I think it is the oil they fry them in because I started having the same problem with french fries, thankfully I am still good with fried chicken! Yippee.
As far as popcorn goes, have you tried the air popper. I was thinking about getting one off Amazon.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes, I have an air popper but I have just given up eating popcorn altogether. I had my ct on Saturday and they told me yesterday that it is diverticulitis but because the pain went away, they are not going to put me on antibiotics which is fine with me. I hate taking them.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Good, you can become immune to them. I am so glad I got a new doctor about 5 years ago who diagnosed a problem I was having and got me on track, the old doctor would always throw antibiotics at me. Very bad thing to do to someone. :(
I hope I never get that diverticulitis, I just started getting indigestion a month ago so I think things are changing. I want to add more fiber.

We are getting up to 73°! My Yoshino Cherry Tree is in full bloom and it is spectacular this year. I did loose a lot of daylilies though with the sprout/freeze cycles. The dormants are looking beautiful, and my hostas are starting to peep. Spring is finally here. :)

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I asked the doctor about a fiber supplement and he told me to wait a month until everything heals and settles down a bit.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy glad that everything is going ok just in time for that season. LOL!
Susan the cherry tree is beautiful.
Upper forties here the next two days then low seventies on Thursday. Only one day in the seventies, then back into the sixties.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Cindy, hope you find something that agrees with you. LMK.

Thanks Mike, would you believe I have been ordering plants to attract bees and I found about 50 of them buzzing around the tree today, they are all over the thing. This is something I have never seen before, they seem to love the flowers. :)

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Mike, I saw Hillcrest got brushed with a tornado! Wow, unheard of!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I hope that everybody is safe in their part of the country. We had another storm come thru about 4:00 this morning, lots of wind, rain thunder and lightning but nothing but a few limbs on the ground and the front yard looked like a lake for awhile but we are fine. Kathy

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Glad everyone is fine Kathy! The crazy weather is starting early this year? Seems that way, especially with that huge tornado in Illinois. We are supposed to get severe thunderstorms later. Hope everyone is safe!

Susan

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Just glad that it wasn't as bad as it could have been, mainly small limbs and a lot of water but will work on it more tomorrow after work.

Susan, stay safe.

Wyoming, MN

We still haven't heard from Mike

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Kathy and you stay safe too!

hostages, no word yet.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Gary, Susan and company. I am fine. Hillcrest is not close by me. It is nearer to a town called Rockford, IL. I am in Hazel Crest which is much farther south east from where those twisters touched down on Thursday. They did some extensive damage. We just got some well needed rain from the storm.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.