Houstonians, shall we talk hellebores?

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Another one of those beautiful plants that seem like urban legends to me. Who in Houston grows this plant successfully as a perennial and which cultivar. If you grow them as an annual, pls say so.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ironically was at a friends house in the Heights who grows them every year

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I even snapped a photo

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison

Hola Randy. Does your friend grow as annual or perennial? That is a lovely blue flower

Was at CayDees last friday checking out all the new and fancy stuff from Australia that she's carrying this season, from fancy bottlebrush, To eucalyptuses to friendly acacias. I want them all!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'd say about half and half. She had some come back and she out a couple new ones in.
I'm over due for a CayDee visit! I'm trying to talk Wayne into sharing more orders with her like we did last summer. She does get cool stuff!
My friend also had these, she has a great mix of stuff in her garden

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison

Gorgeous and Impressive, I really thought these were mythical plants here.

Bellaire, TX

I've grown one for a couple of years now in my Houston-area garden. I don't find it very impressive. I'm tempted to shovel prune it.

I got an email from plant delights tempting me with hellebores. Since I just dropped some coins for DLs at Oakes, I think I'll just put some hellebores on my 2016 wish
Lust (or list, same thing😜). PD is also one of the good ones at stating accurate hardiness data.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

My friend in Corpus pointed out (Patty you've met) that I didn't post the correct plants. Out of it I guess!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.