Fairy Garden on Friday

West Monroe, LA(Zone 8a)

( hhttp://daysinthegarden.weebly.com/blog/the-fairy-garden-late-march15) I hope this links-I had so much fun with it and could use a little input on it.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Nope, not sure what you did wrong. Want to try again? I'd love to see it!

(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey Pat, this one works if you click on the link and then remove the ) from the end of the URL!

Took some work, it didn't want to edit right but it was WORTH IT!!! How lovely, I enjoyed your fairy gardens! Beautiful and sooooooo many different ones!

I have just recently gotten interested in them and I think I have the perfect spot. I have white plastic birdbath (that is not as tacky as it sounds, LOL). It's right next to my arch into the covered patio. It has never blown over due to all the rocks and sand I have filled the hollow base with. I filled the basin with potting soil one day, as a place to hold the excess and never got around to doing anything with it. THAT got me thinking, THAT's the place! A spot where people will see it and I can enjoy it daily as I come and go from work.

When it becomes a reality I'll post a picture.

(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Omigosh Pat, you're so right! A birdfeeder would be a perfect place for a fairy garden! Hmmmm...(she says, staring at her birdfeeder with the chubby birdy in it). =D

Post your pics when you've got it!

West Monroe, LA(Zone 8a)

I agree Pat! And I gave a plastic water fountain to my daughter because It kept falling over- Love the idea of filling with rocks and sand in the base . I'll pass it along to her.I'm about to load some pictures on the "lake " part of mine- maybe Y'all can help with that.
I never thought of using bird baths- feeders. I have a large 2 tier fountain that leaks and was thinking of turning it into a huge planter- maybe I'll make that a planter of tiny plants and fairies- I've been wanting a "Victorian" fairy garden-but just doesn't fit with the rustic one I have now. The fountain is on the other side of my house where you it out kitchen, carport, & living room. My house is "Victorian" perfect place. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Sounds like the perfect location for your newest soon-to-be-Victorian fairy garden!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.