Blooming like crazy here...

Dewey, AZ(Zone 7a)

Just got another two inches of rain, and now the sun's out. These puppies are HAPPY. Of course the Dauntless began blooming in February, but the rest are catching up. The Bountiful Harvest began blooming before Christmas and never quit! I'm moving this coming week--across country to Arizona--so I dug them up this spring, took babies & replanted the rest. Even those that I dug up have bloom stalks up now.

Here are
Dauntless, Bountiful Harvest, a NOID, a blue germica ?, and (I think) Sable something.

Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie
Concord, NC

Awesome! about 4 more weeks till blooms here in NC. I Think Dauntless and Indian Chief are my Favorite Irises. What Dauntless lacks in Height it makes up for in Glowing Prescence especially at Sunset. 4th Pick Looks Like Blue Pallida Dalmatica..Pallida Comes in The Lavender Pink and Also More Blue Color Form both Smell like Grape soda or Grape Laundry Detergent. Blue Germanica Wild Bearded Iris and Germanica Vulgaris the taller form Domesticated Germanica are both Darker and more Bi-Tone or Two-tone color. All are Very Lovely. Something Special and Magical about the Old Fashioned Historical Heirloom Ones. Maybe because im partial to slender simpler form, hardier blooms and taller Scapes..no snoby ruffling and miniature height blooms here. I dont care if they Rebloom either, as Long as Spectacular like this when they do.

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Beautiful !! It will be a while yet for mine....a fresh snow covered them again, yesterday !

Toms River, NJ(Zone 7a)

We have another 4-weeks before the TB Iris bloom here in New Jersey. I just planted 2 Iris Gardens, with more Iris rhizomes on their way to me in July. Dauntless and Crimson King, along with 15 other "Historic" Iris have been planted in my gardens. I know they won't bloom this year, but I'm hoping for lots of beautiful Historic iris in bloom next year.

Concord, NC

Awesome NJIrisGuy :-) You cant go wrong with the Historics..simple Elegant Beauty..Long Tall Hardy Scapes and Heavenly Fragrance..Dauntless is One of Our Favorites too as Well as Indian Chief..gets better every year too.but takes alot in time and dedication to make a masterpiece but the planning and catalog searching before the digging and hunt is half the fun and process.. your hard work will be well rewarded..Rome wasnt built in a Day..if You got every variety You ever want at first.. what would You have to look forward to next year :-) Welcome to a Pleasure Filled Addiction and Joy..Saving Old Irises :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.