"spare plants" for postage

Saginaw, MI

Hello everyone, It's nice to be back on the gardening site and see whats going on. Was wondering if anyone has any "spare" iris that they would be willing to send for reasonable postage. I do not have anything to trade at this time. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

It's a bit early. Here in North Dakota, I won't divide my Iris until they have finished blooming this year. Maybe post again later in the season.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I have plenty to share....tho not yet. Probably in June after bloom, so I can see what's where...lol. I have hundreds of plants that need dividing and could share a box with you...shipping and maybe a Starbucks gift card, gotta have my frappachino after all that digging. Let me know if your interested. Kathy

PS, last year we traded in the Iris forum and there were several that were willing to share extras for those that didn't have any to begin with, so keep an eye out for trading to begin. I'm thinking I sent out 5 or 6 boxes to those that didn't have anything to trade and were just beginning.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I have plenty to share....tho not yet. Probably in June after bloom, so I can see what's where...lol. I have hundreds of plants that need dividing and could share a box with you...shipping and maybe a Starbucks gift card, gotta have my frappachino after all that digging. Let me know if your interested. Kathy

PS, last year we traded in the Iris forum and there were several that were willing to share extras for those that didn't have any to begin with, so keep an eye out for trading to begin. I'm thinking I sent out 5 or 6 boxes to those that didn't have anything to trade and were just beginning.

Apple Valley, United States

I have some that I could send as well, namely Crimson King, Cemetery Iris, I. germanica, Mauna Loa, some from my mother: they are on my trade list: BB. purple (look in the "n" 's for noid) Pinnacle (that's unofficial), plus more that escape my mind at the moment!
These are mostly historic and very hardy.
Let me know if that sounds good to you and Dmail me. They will be ready in another month, they are blooming already here in So. California.
Claudia

Sugarland, TX(Zone 9a)

I was in ND for four years and saw some great examples of irises as well daylilies. When I came back to Houston I was told that irises do not survive here. I experimented with a few and found out they indeed do really well here in the south.
I have great daylilies for a trade and would also be happy to pay postage. Please see my trade list if any appeals to you folks. Indeed DG folks are giving and generous and I have enjoyed being a member. Just retired from oil and gas - so it's all gardening now.
Regards
Jamshed Elavia. 😄

Will send daylilies for postage also.

Saginaw, MI

Kathy sent you a d-mail -- THANKS

Saginaw, MI

Joan thanks for responding. Will get in touch with you later in the year .

Saginaw, MI

Claudia, sent you a d-mail. THANKS

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I have some I can share. I just posted pics of them to another thread in this forum. "Missing Iris" I think is the title.

Saginaw, MI

iowen -- couldn't find the "missing iris" post you talked about -- is it possibly the "Rebloomers" post ???

Dallas, TX

I have some irises I can share. I have no idea what type or color or how many are viable. They've been in bags in my garage for at least 1 year and some for 2 or 3 years. If you want to gamble postage $$, send me a D-Mail.

Sugarland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hthanks much. I received a bundle from io when just yesterday.
Regards and happy gardening.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.