perennial starts with a g? Help ID?

Fort Worth, TX

ok, it isn't gardia or gallia, what the heck is it. TIny white flowers on a perennial that sways in the wind

Wrong photo, I don't know what that is either. Or whose rotti that is

This message was edited Mar 19, 2015 9:26 PM

Thumbnail by Gypsi
Fort Worth, TX

found it. Gaura and it is leafing out.

Thumbnail by Gypsi
Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, that looks like Gaura.

Fort Worth, TX

i have swiss cheese memory for names. closing thread. Thank you Josephine!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey, Girl. That first pix is a Chinaberry tree. It is illegal to propagate or import them b/c they are so invasive. @ tree grows thousands of seeds every yr. But the blooms are beautiful.
I have gaura, but in Siskou Pink.. The nickname for it is Whirling Butterflies b/c until you get close to it you can't see the stem that is holding the blooms up. Growing wild out in a field, fr a distance, they look like BFs.

Fort Worth, TX

my chinaberry (birds planted it) I clean up and bag the berries every year but my bees use it for honey making. and my rotti, the dog house looked funny because he tipped it over looking for geckos. Lack of sleep is tough on the brain.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Looks more like chinaberry than Gaura

Fort Worth, TX

The first photo was indeed chinaberry, and that is my rotti underneath it. I was really really tired and couldn't see the photo I was posting until I got it onto a bigger screen.

the 2nd photo is the right one and is gaura. I do not do dave's garden on the cellphone anymore.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.