2015 RU

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Any talk about our 2015 spring Roundup yet? I missed our fall one--couldn't be helped, but I sure hated not getting to see everyone and their garden pretties.

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

Sybyl, thanks for bringing this up !

I have been wondering about it for weeks !

Just didn't want to be the only needy on :)

Its been a ling lonely cold winter

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm ready!

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

We have to see when it would be a good time, let us talk to Sheila and see.

Hello Everyone, I talked to Sheila and her husband is not feeling well so she is overwhelmed with things to do, she will probably attend but can't help with the organizing.
I can't do all the organizing by myself, since i am also overloaded with stuff, so if one or more of you can take Sheila's share of the work, we can probably get it done.

As far as the time, I can't do it till after the middle of May, please let me know what you think.

Josephine.

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

Awww, Sheila , hoping your hubby will
be better soon

Please list all To-do list.
I;m sure we can all pitch in.

O.K. I will try to remember all her duties and list them later today.

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm planning to be there and can help with the organizing. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Sheila makes the nametags, collects the money, and makes sure we have food, among other things.

She also brings the numbers for the door prizes and matches the names to the numbers.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

And hands out the drawing prizes.

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

I'm all for having it in late May..... I can hand out the prizes, & organize them...just let me know.

O.k. Cindy, thank you very much.

Fort Worth, TX

I will have more time to attend and prepare things to bring if it is late May?

Dallas, TX

Have we had any other responses re Spring RU? Haven't been on DG for quite awhile so don't know what's going on.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm game & so is my Mom!!! LMK

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Me too

People, I am sorry, but besides Sheila's husband being sick, Frank and i have both been sick with bronchitis for about two weeks, I am a little better but not well yet, but he is still really sick, going to the doctor again tomorrow.

So I am thinking that maybe we better postpone the swap till June, because right now I don't see how I could do it.

Another option would be for one or two of you to take the lead and organize it.

What do you all think? Please let me know.
Josephine.

Fort Worth, TX

June is fine with me, I am too busy to do much til after memorial day anyway

Dallas, TX

I'm ok with June, esp. early June before it gets too hot. (assuming typical early June weather.)

O.K. we will shoot for June then.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

So sorry you guys are having a rough go of it, Josephine and Sheila (and spouses). As you can see, we can't do without you!!

Thank you Sybil, we shall see how things are sometime next month.

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Early June is really good as I've injured my left knee, twice, now & would have a hard time getting around with a cane. However...count Ralph & I IN......

Fort Worth, TX

I am in as long as it doesn't hit my granddaughter's birthday party which will be around the 14th-16th

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Count Mom & I in!!! She l
ooks forward to this every yr!!! & @ 91, anything to look forward to is very important!!!
Just let us know!!!

Fort Worth, TX

Birthday party is June 13th at 2 pm I think, so hopefully a different day for Roundup, don't want to miss either.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Has there been a decision to go ahead with a spring round up or just wait until fall? I'm trying to decide if I should pot stuff up or not.

Fort Worth, TX

I potted a bunch of peach trees. Most look like they will make it. Have a couple of oaks too, and could pot some scullcap and maybe columbine. Won't pot if not having roundup though

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

It has been too soggy to spend much time out in the yard, so I haven't potted anything up.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I potted up a bunch of stuff yesterday before the rains came. It was soggy, but I had to clear out my flower bed.

O.K. Everyone, I checked with the park today to see if and when the pavilion is available.
We can have Sunday June 21 or 28.
The rental fee is $100 for the entire day.
Half a day is $60.00 and it is from 7 till 2 or from 4 till 10.00 p.m.

We need to make a decision very soon, I think the half day times are not handy, but if we do the whole day it could cost us $10.00 each since we don't have many participating.
You guys let me know what you think as soon as you can.

Your friend as always
Josephine.

Fort Worth, TX

I can live with $10 if it is more convenient. Either day will do.

Thank you Gypsi, let us hear from others as well.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

I can make it on the 28th but will be out of town on the 21st. $10 is okay with me. Thanks for looking into this, Josephine.

Carla

You are welcome Carla, let us see what other people have to say.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm up for either day at whatever price. I always thought I should be paying for Mark anyway.

O.k Stephanie, that is three so far.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm in for either day.

O.K. Sybil thank you. that makes four, we are getting closer, come on you guys.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.