Where Do we buy coleus on line now?

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Are any of the nurseries still mailing coleus?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

So many are located in the frozen north and won't even start shipping until April. Rosy Dawn Gardens still has a good selection but was out of the Twist & Twirl I wanted. Fortunately I found them at Romence gardens.

www.rosydawngardens.com
www.romencegardens.com

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I ordered mine from Rosy Dawn for delivery 2nd week of April.

Thanks, I was looking at these and thinking co-op.
http://ncfarmsinc.com/home/index.php?cPath=66_80&osCsid=b27e5a4b381f93a53fc325aac63e5b7b
I'll check rosy dawn. For some reason I thought they quit. I have recently purchased my dream house here in Okeechobee.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Hey Sugar, so glad to hear about your new home. Enjoy and make some coleus trees.

Humm, Coleus Trees. Sharon are you doing some?
My coleus were never even threatened this year. I am now at least 100' feet from water with fences and walls to somewhat protect them and they are all sorta low to the ground.
Sidney

I did coleus standards years ago, it was a fun project. You take a cutting and once it is rooted you keep pruning off the side branches until the leader is as tall as you want it then you let it branch. I remember putting a stake in with the cutting and tying the stem to it as it grew. Some varieties (taller ones) are more suited to this method than others.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Sidney, I have not tried but would love to but I am now DH's care giver and have my hands full.

My coleus bit the dust but many annuals did not miss a beat with our mild winter. We are currently in the 80s. Makes you wonder what summer will be like.

Sharon

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sydney, do you have to be a wholesaler to buy from that site?
I went to that site, and in the ordering info, they ask for a brokers name?

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

There are a few vendors on ebay that are carrying coleus. I've always had good service from Hirtsgardens on ebay, as well as sohappy64 (they have trays of seedlings to grow out and change what they offer every few days)

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks, I will go look!

Sorry Linda, I spend too much time at FB. In the past Brinda ordered from NC farms, but I don't know if I need a tax# I am ready to get a tax #.
I can send out some cuttings but it would have to be very soon.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Rosy Dawn Gardens is still taking orders. You don't need a tax number. They still have a lovely selection as far as I can tell.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

sohappy64 is listing trays of them on ebay this week.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

I got an email today that my order has been shipped. Most of the other plants have already arrived. Yad cleanup and summer beauty, here we come!

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Where is NC Farms Lord have mercy went n found the site 100 plugs for $10.00
Girl I may contact and see if I can get a smaller amt. Or if I have to have tax number.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2015 10:27 PM

NC Farms is southeast of Charlotte, between Matthews and Monroe. I tried to find it once but it is off the beaten path and my car was giving me trouble so I gave up and headed back to the highway where it would have been easier to get road service if necessary. I don't think you need a tax number although you would probably have to pay the sales tax. The sipping costs are pretty high.

I always thought if you wanted to do an entire bed of something NC Farms would be the way to go. They do offer mixed flats too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.