Central Florida Koi Show

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

This year its March 13-14-15 and at same large motel. All info is on Central Fl.l Koi Club site.

Maybe some of you in Fl. would be interested in attending. They have added goldfish showing also.

Bonnie

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

I'm trying to attend Saturday afternoon. Did you also see that Pondtastic is closing it's retail store? They'll still do pond builds, but not sell retail fish, plants, and equipment.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Hope to see you there. Didn't know they were closing the store down. Guess they will leave that beautiful pond he built out front cause that would be a big job to dismantle all that.
Maybe So. Orange Blossom Trail is too risky a place to have a business??? I don't get over there very often and for me it would have to be a have to. I'll stick to little old Clermont where so far we don't have a ton of major crime.

We are going to transfer some of the fish from little pond into larger one now that they are bigger. After cleanup. The assagi and pearly white one have graduated so they will go in for sure. Will leave more room for some smaller ones. They have never gotten over the day the heron visited. Still skidish and just when they were eating out of my hand. Will have to try again with new ones when we get some.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Jeff's new fish in quarantine tank seems very friendly and not skiddish at all. He is so happy with it and I think we will put it in small pond so I can continue trying to hand feed it and keep it tame. The 3 little ones are taking their time eating. Guess they need a leader again. When we clean larger pond we will move some back.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Wanted to tell you I had a lengthy discussion with several of the vendors and judges. I keep telling them I want a blue butterfly koi and they all said there is no such thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have one or had one. Got me discouraged.

Look up blue matsuba on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-DOITSU-BLUE-MATSUBA-Butterfly-Fin-Koi-live-fish-NDK-/141606230620?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f8639a5c

Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-in-butterfly-shusui-Live-koi-fish-pond-GKOLRT4-/161628592773?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a1d09a85

Or the blue shusui will have the zipper down it's back, with any varying degree of red, from zero to a lot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-SHUSUI-Butterfly-Fin-Koi-live-fish-NDK-/371284651490?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56724a2de2

This one has a little red, I think you have one like this, dont you?

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

They are beautiful fish but what I am hoping for is all blue. I could take white fins. Maybe when they tell me I am looking for a unicorn they are right.

The all blue one I saw at a palace in Japan that was for sale everyone says was photo shopped and not really in existence. Too bad cause it was really beautiful.

Wasn't your blue one all blue. I know you posted pic at one time and it was just beautiful.

Thanks for the links.

The blue ones I've had in the past, didn't have blue fins. Either white, red, or the fish clearish color. The true blue fish in that pictuce does not exist. The closest I've had have been closer to the pictures above.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

ok so I'll quit looking for a unicorn.
Jeff and I went to Sandy Acres Koi Farm today. He got a male and female showa. beautiful colors. I got lots of little ones and 2 about 8 inches. Also a couple that look kahaku. At least now the pond no longer looks empty. I said I wasn't going to buy any but you know how that goes. They had 1 large tank with some they were raising for breeders about a doz. Owner told me not to buy Chinese high fins unless I had a very deep pond cause they can't live here in very warm water. He said he ordered some in and sold 6 to a man that had a 6 ft. deep pond but what he had left at the farm all died do to water temp. Glad I didn't buy any.

Anyhow nice day watching Jeff scramble from tank to tank. He's like a kid in a candy shop when he gets around fish.

Take a ride over there sometime you may find something you like.

I saw that some of my koi were spawning this morning. I wish I had been prepared so I could have saved some of the eggs. I'll prepare a bit today and see if the same thing happens tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.