SPRING PLANT SWAP - MAY 2015

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

It seems hard to believe now, given all the snow still on the ground and more to come, but many of the seeds we have sowed will sprout, and we will have extra plants to share by May!!

Bring your seedlings, plants and most importantly, yourselves, to my house for the 2015 Spring Plant Swap:

WHEN:
Saturday, May 9th, 11:00-4:00, but feel free to arrive earlier and stay longer!
There will be a pot-luck lunch at about 1:00.

WHERE:
My house in Vienna, VA; address to be sent to planned attendees closer to the swap date

WHO:
DG members, their friends and families (including children).

WHAT TO BRING:
*Chairs and, if you have one, a small table.
*Something for lunch (Food Thread will be put up closer to the swap date)
*Something for the gift table (optional) - something inexpensive, newly-purchased or collecting dust on a shelf, basically anything you think someone else could use
*Plants, although in case this is your first Swap, please know that you're welcome to come even if you don’t have plants to share, and you will be able to take plants home even if you don't bring any. There will be plenty of gardeners eager to share their extra seedlings and plants, and plenty of food, fun and camaraderie!

Please POST ON THIS THREAD to let me know you're planning to attend, and whether you plan to bring an item for the gift table. Thanks!

HAVE and WANT Lists: If you would like to post lists of plants you have to share, plants you'd like to have, or just have a look at what others' interests are, go here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1387836/

This is the thread for general plant swap-related discussions: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1387839/

WHO PLANS TO COME:
Muddy
ecnalg
greenthumb99
aspenhill
Catbird423
Sally and Mark
Gita
Holly
Ric
ssgardener
donnerville
critterologist
Sequoia and Darcy
drobarr
francine38
Happy
Chantell and granddaughters
Biker1 and Tom
CAMfromMD
JeannieJayne and Cliff
terlichman
CrickethillCT (2)

This message was edited May 6, 2015 5:47 PM

Thumbnail by Muddy1
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

We'll be there, Muddy. Hopefully the snow will be gone by then.

Edited to add a yes to bringing something for the gift table.

This message was edited Mar 4, 2015 12:45 PM

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Count me in too!

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I plan on being there and will bring something for the gift table.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

count on me and Mark

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Me too--hope I can ride with Sally and Mark--we will have the usual bunch.
I will chip in on gas--as always...
I ALWAYS bring a couple of gifts for the table. Maybe even an unusual plant.
That way--it covers someone new--who did not bring anything.

Gita

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks to all for your replies; I'm glad you can come!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Think it is time for this thread to replace the Winter Seed Swap as the current "sticky".

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Good idea! Critter was waiting for me to post this thread so she could add it to the calendar. Should I post it as a sticky; if so how do I do that?

This message was edited Mar 4, 2015 10:44 PM

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Ask Jill.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric and I are planning to come.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

I will definitely be there!

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Triple Yay!

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Please count me in. Thank you for hosting the swap!

Hamilton, VA

I am looking forward to it!
-julie

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm glad you two can make it !

yay!!!

Muddy, you might want a discussion thread? lest we start clogging up the Have and Wants. Meanwhile I will Dmail.

Dmailing requests to the person offering the plant really seems the best for many. I know some of us have asked for that contact specifically.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Discussion thread has been up: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1387839/

((blush)) thanks David!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm planning to come, quite likely with Joyanna :-) We'll bring something for the gift table.

I added the link to the events thread and will get a "blast" out to the subscriber groups I created for PA, VA, MD... If you get that Dmail and think, hey, I already posted I was coming! no worries... it's just easier to send the blast to everybody than to try to edit the lists each time. I will check to see if there are any new subscribers since January, though. :-)

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I thought I responded, but Darcy and I are planning to come. Quite excited! :)

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Fantastic!

Damascus, MD

Please put me down for tentative. We have a friend's retirement luncheon after 30 years in the Navy which might or might not be on this date (but definitely on this weekend). We'll confirm as soon as we know.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Hope the two events don't conflict. It would be so nice to see you again, Thamng.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

I hope you can make it, thamng!

Hummelstown, PA(Zone 6b)

I am planning on coming too. It looks like a few hours away. This would be my first.

John

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

WOOHOO!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hooray!

For those coming from further away, you might consider making a weekend getaway out of it. Take the Metro into DC, go to the Smithsonian on Sunday. Maybe come down already Friday night... stop by Green Springs earlier Saturday morning for the plant sale, swing by DeBaggio Herbs before you head back on Sunday.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

HURRAY!!!

The DOCTOR will be in the house!!!! Only took him 3 years to decide
he will come to one of our Swaps! wink.....wink.....

We will ALL be so happy to meet you!

edited to add----
Dr.O. would you like to have a "Dr. Seuss Brugmansia?"
I have one available. Been growing all winter from a cutting
It is in a 5" pot...I jave 2 small "Maya" ones available as well.
These are not as robust growers as the other ones. At least not this year.

Just thought that would be "appropriate". :o) Gita

This message was edited Mar 20, 2015 2:22 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

John, It will be great meeting you. I only live about 1/2 hr from Hummelstown and have a few gardening friends that live in town.

Hummelstown, PA(Zone 6b)

I haven't come before because I am a single dad with two boys with the oldest having special needs. It isn't easy finding people nor feeling comfortable leaving them with other people for long periods. But the situation is different now and I cant wait to meet everyone!

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Super, we're glad you can come!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

So glad you can make it this time, drobarr!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

You have my admiration raising 2 boys on your own.

You could bring your boys with you to the Swap. There will be other kids there too.

May be good for your special needs son to be with other people. socialize...
How old is he?
You will be so welcomed in our group--you won't believe it.
You do not have to bring anything! Honest!!! JUst yourself...

Of all the Forums on DG--nothing equals the MAF Folks in kindness, generosity,
friendship and acceptance. We are a bunch of the nicest people around.

Gita

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

But most of all, we are modest. :-)

Looking forward to meeting you, drobarr.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Pat--was that a stab at MY lofty opinions of this group?

It was the truth--and nothing but the truth--so swear I on my emerging Crocuses...

G....:o]

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Not at all, Gita. I think we're a great group too. I was just having fun and adding modesty to our virtues.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Hey John, I too live about 1/2 hour from Hummelstown. Looking forward to meeting you at the swap as well.

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

I'll have to look at a map and see where Vienna is... we may be a bit too far as always to make it, but I'll check. We always enjoy seeing everyone and always have plants to share

happy Spring!

Diana and Harry

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Diana, if you two need a place to crash for the night (before and/or after), LMK! Same for anybody else for whom the drive looks like a bit much. It's still about an hour away from Frederick, I think, but staying with us at least gets you closer LOL.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.