Places to bird watch?

Gilbert, AZ

My parents live near the Riparian Preserve in Gilbert, and I wondered if you could suggest other places to bird watch in the valley. My dad is elderly and doesn't walk well, so I'm looking for places that have good access. Thanks!

Thumbnail by Crista
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hummingbird Habitat at Desert Breeze Park in Chandler is very nice.The Hummingbird Habitat located at 660 N. Desert Breeze Parkway. More info: http://www.chandleraz.gov/default.aspx?pageid=679

Also, Veterans Oasis Park in Chandler is a great place to look for many kinds of birds.
It is at: 4050 E. Chandler Heights Rd. You can learn more at www.chandleraz.gov/veterans-oasis

Gilbert, AZ

Great suggestions, Nancy! I haven't been to Desert Breeze Park in years - used to work at the schools across the street - and didn't know they have a hummingbird habitat! Will also try the Veteran's Oasis Park! Thanks!

Crossville, TN

Very good place in winter months....San Pedro House, Sierra Vista, (Cochise County), AZ.....Places to sit, gift store, snacks. Jo

Gilbert, AZ

Thanks for the tip, Jo! What the heck are you doing in Tennessee? I'll check into San Pedro house. I'm hoping to get a birding trip scheduled for my parents this winter to get them out of the house!

Crossville, TN

I have a son and daughter that lives here and I thought it was time for me to come here and aggravate them for a while~!

Lots of good Birding places in Cochise County, along the San Pedro river. Good luck to your parents. Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.