Fun times ahead

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

The Spousal Unit and I told our children 2 weeks ago that we are spending their inheritance.........we bought a 5th Wheel RV Toy Hauler that will hold 2 of our Harleys, and a truck to pull the whole works around. We have had enough of this cold weather, and hopefully next winter we can take off for 2 or 3 weeks when it is so hellish cold here and bask in some warmer climes. Neither one of us has any desire to go to Florida; I'm wanting to head to Texas and some place nice on the Gulf. We'll see what the next winter months bring. We'll go some places this summer when we can work it in with our other "jobs".

We do some chores and relief milking for farmers wanting to go on vacation. The Spousal Unit is in demand for driving tractor and doing field work for a couple of neighbors. I work part-part time at the local sale barn during the calf sale. That's Monday and Wednesday afternoons. The 4th Friday of the month I write out health papers for another sale barn's Dairy Sale, and the 3rd Saturday of the month I write health papers for a sheep and goat auction.

The RV is a 44 footer...........the SU has already dubbed it "The House". I have dubbed the truck "The Beast". I can't wait for our RV-ing to start!!! :>)

Oh, and how do our 3 sons feel about all this???? All 3 of them said "It is your money, you worked your asses off for it, buy something, have fun, enjoy it". Nice when your kids don't fight about it, eh?? Our oldest son is going to take it to Gillette, Wyoming, in August when he goes out for the Pyrotechnics Guild International's huge fireworks convention. We're going too, but they are leaving 5 days before we can. I told them that if some other people wanted to stay in it they were more than welcome, but when the SU and I get there, whoever is in my King sized bed WILL vacate it. Bwahahahaha.............

Thumbnail by Anna_Z Thumbnail by Anna_Z Thumbnail by Anna_Z Thumbnail by Anna_Z
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!