Editing in journal not working

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Another bug. When entering new items in journal many times anything entered in comment field disappears when trying to edit it. Same sort of problem that has happened in blog as reported before. Very annoying to spend hours doing entry work and have much of it disappear. I am becoming terrified that years of work is going to go poof.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Why no response or help? Weather has me feeling crabby, sorry. Patti

Downers Grove, IL(Zone 5a)

I am also having the same problem
Has the journal been disabled now??
I can not edit, add do nothing to it

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Editing feature in the blog and in the journal is still destroying most of my entries in the comment field or in the case of the blog, all information that I painstaking enter when I go back to edit it. As these entries contain all the pertinent information about plants that I am trying to follow it is a huge mess. I have to copy the information before I try to edit it so I can then re-paste it after DG wipes clean the entry and if I forget, then poof, it is gone. More confusing is that this doesn't happen ever time, but a most significant amount of the time. So is it possible to stop ignoring this glitch? Patti

(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

I didn't notice this thread until just now... I've previously reported this as a bug, but as of today it hasn't been fixed. The missing text when trying to edit a journal entry is caused by any "special character" included in the text. This includes characters like "degree" (-34.4 °C), "registered" (®), "copyright" (©), "trademark" (™) and many others.

There's a new place to report journal bugs:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1396825/

And here's a link to my journal entry explaining the problem and showing some of the characters which cause the problem:

http://davesgarden.com/community/journals/viewentry/384230/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images