Bamboo Seedlings

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I just decided to do this , so I do not have to thread steal .. Any conversation is welcome ,,

#1 is a Albo-cerea Fargesia , This is the Black culm version of the "Ghost Bamboo" or white culm bamboo as near as I can comprehend .. took 6 months to germinate this , weakly seedling , but it is growing , has a new leaf today , when or if it gets larger , I will pic again .

2&3 are the same plant (Fargesia Sp Jiuzhaigou 4) pic 2 is last week , pic 3 is today 5 days later , Sprouted up in 4 days , only been about two weeks since I got the seeds ..

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It appears to be doing well.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you Cville I am always delighted when the seeds really are Bamboo and of course to hear from you ,,

Four tries ago I got grass , below ,,
The weakly one above is supposedly a new found species of Fargesia ,

Thumbnail by juhur7
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's difficult to find information about it. I'll be watching the progress. Hopefully you can add some photos and info to PlantFiles one of these days.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Today 1&2 the #4 and native River cane #3

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well to say fooey , I failed again with most I still have the river cane and the Green Panda ,

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here is a small river cane , or canebrake

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am trying again , My biggest mistake about all these attempts , To small a container to start .. The baby plants wanted to grow , fast and huge , So this time I am starting them in 10ib size grow bags ,
The Seedlings before just did not have the room to let runner nodes complete their development , No place have I read that , one of the things nobody told me , at least directly ,

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yeah Well ,, So Far , only this ,, a Fargesia Rufa , A success is a success ,, sort of ,,,

Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Aha !!! A Sprout this morning

Nice surprise , but I doubt it would make much of a breakfast ,,lol

Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Some are starting .
1 moso
2 #4 Black Bamboo
3 new shoots on the Fargesia rufa inside ,

4 a Lemon seed swelled as big as a Nickel

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7