Seeking 1/4" Foot Advice

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

My Elna Funstyler has no 1/4" foot and the needle does not adjust far enough to the right. I can't find one online because most Elnas are sold in Europe (metric). Elna U.S.A. parts are often interchangeable with Janome since they are made in the same factory but I think Janomes come with the foot. Plus, it seems most Janomes use a high shank foot. That is available on Amazon and elsewhere. The 1/4" foot I'm seeking is a low shank, snap on. Distinctive has one but there is review criticism by many that it is a full, and not scant 1/4". The Janome foot is well regarded.

If your machine did not come with a 1/4" foot what brand are you using? Has anyone else run into the problem of low shank vs. high shank compatibility? I'm looking for a foot with a guide. I've called two Elna/Janome dealers and, can you believe, they can't even tell me if what they have would be compatible with my machine? Very frustrated because it's a great machine but not very useful if I can't piece with it. Spent way too much time trying to figure this out.

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!