I'm Back how many still here from 6 years ago

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

When I moved to the coast I had 84 coleus now I have none and am gonna start over glad to see some old names still here.
I retired Friday for the 2nd time
The hurricane Irene took most of all my plants so am starting over with everything

Hugs to you all and looking forward to sharing pictures quick as I learn how to us this new computer and mt new camera

Lavina

Danville, IN

Welcome back. Hope you get settled and get lots of plants this year.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi LavinaMae. I have lost track of a lot of threads and, sadly, a lot of people. Keep us posted about your move. Will you be planting quite a few things at your new location?

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Hi LavinaMae. Sharon from Las Vegas. I ordered my coleus again from Rosy Dawn for the first week of April delivery. We are now in the low 80s and high 70s. I thought they might be to early, now thy might be to late.

I have about 8 cutting in the garage that made it. Eight out of about 35 is not good but better than last year.

Pirl gave e the hint to start them out in the garden in late summer and then move them to the garage. It worked great but a few cabbage worm went into the garage with them and had a buffet on coleus. But last year I had zero, so 8 is better than 0.

Enjoy planning your new garden and have fun. And realize you need not do everything in one day. Actually that comment is for me. Hehehehh...Sharon

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

You're right, Sharon (and Hi to you). We all want the ideal setting immediately but we're all gardeners and know it takes time.

My coleus indoors are splendid. They're so happy in the kitchen window and I have taken cuttings, potted them up about two weeks ago, and they are glorious - twice as nice in February when it's minus one outside with snow blowing at 60 MPH.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Hurricane Irene killed everything with the salt water it left in my yard 3 years almost 4 years ago It was around 1 week in Sept so I did not take in or take cuttings of plants and everything died with in 3 weeks. I bring in plants last of October.
Yes I am gonna plant a lot of things and I retired 2 weeks ago also
Sharon I had about 30 plants from Rosie Dawn that died. I had them since 2008 thats when I did my last order from them

Lavina

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

LavinaMae, if you are concerned about the residual salt, just keep the plants in containers where you have control. There is nothing so entertaining as watching this old gal shoving the plants into the car and all over the house and porch when a destructive storm is predicted.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

LOL Cathy I had them all in containers the storm was to just blow thru Irene decided she would stay for 1 & 1/2 days before moving on. 56 houses were washed away totally.that will be 4 year ago in Sept and I just was so upset did not start any new plants. Now that I have retired I hope to get things regrowing. I am going at it slowly. I also am gonna plant things in the ground and will do cuttings this time if they say storm I am having problems with motivation also.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.