How about a new thread, ORVG #203.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Looked a little long & started in July.

Best to all you ORVG folks.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks for starting a new thread! Long overdue.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Bernie! We're still missing Janet, she was good about starting new threads. We miss you Janet. Come Back! Please!
I'm going to SugarCraft this morning to get some chocolate molds to make Valentines candies. Have considered buying candy but thought it would be more fun to make some instead.
Nothing exciting going on here. I hope it stays that way.
Hope everybody has a great day!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the new room!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Don't forget Sue's Jessica story will be on tonight.

Thanks Cookie.
yes i have a bottle of wine, chocolate chip cookie dough. so i think i m covered.
not much going on here.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sue,
I set it up to tape since I can't stay up ''late.'' Just watching the commercials for it is already heartbreaking, but I feel I need to share your pain. To really understand just how hard this has been for you. Thankfully, you have more friends and prayers than a person would if they hadn't joined Dave's. I feel the best prayers come from ''us.'' Many hugs for tonight.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

((((((Sue))))))). I have my DVR set to record it at ten.

A friend (a divorced dad that faithfully paid child support and college tuition) sent this to me today. Apparently, his kid thought dad would cough up for grad school, too.

Thumbnail by goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Oops, sorry its upside down. Have no idea why that happened.
Pat

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

It opens right side up for me.

That shirt is in really poor taste.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sue, My Love and Prayers will be with you tonight. I have it set to record tonight will be thinking of you and praying while watching.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Tough to watch... Tougher still to live it over again, I am sure. Hugs, Sue.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

It was hard to watch. I'm sorry there is such evil people in the world. My thoughts and prayers are with you Sue.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Sending hugs to you, {{{{{Sue}}}}}. I guess I forgot the part that they met through the internet.

I don't have cable tv, but I watched on the computer. The video I saw didn't tell you the outcome of all the stories though, so I'm thinking there must be a part two that I couldn't find. Here is the website that I found it on:
http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/web-of-lies/

Is there another part to it? Thanks.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm not sure about on the Internet but on cable it was all one episode. My personal opinion is they did not get long enough. The evil Devils should have gotten life. There is no place for things like them in society. You can not rehabilitate evil.

I'm sowing seeds like a mad woman. Lol I'm giving milk jugs another go. This time they are sitting in a large clear tote. I'm hoping the tote will keep the Racoons from playing baseball with them. It shouldn't take long to find out. Lol
Bill's birthday is this weekend. I'm going to bake him a cake And put wind up chattering teeth all over it. He says he's getting old. I bought him a hurry cane as a gag gift. Lol The funny thing is, I'll probably end up using the cane myself. :-)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Yes, it was very hard to watch. You did so well tho Sue. I just mentally hugged you and didn't let go till the end. I am so very very sorry. No one should ever have to go thru such a horrible ordeal.
I too think all should have gotten life. They were all there..... Trust in God is all you can do.

Hi everone and thank you.
YEs the law is the law. Wish they all got more but ? ....
STill just absorbing it all. Still have no words really.
today is the gym... not wanting to go. Single digits today brrrrrr. Still have not eaten much so working out at the gym just seems agonizing to me LOL. I enjoy it for the most part.
have a warm day everyone

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sue, Sending prayers your appetite will return soon. Your a strong beautiful woman that has been through hell. Sometimes there are no words. There is a lot of love behind you. I pray that all the love helps you keep your chin up. Your a special part of our DG family. Take care of yourself, we love you!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Who is that gorgeous girl in your name box?? ;0)

Cookie that is a crazy girl !!!! found her at a Walmart. * snicker*
Feeling better today. I m looking forward to things back to normal. Took a long to get here but its here .
Reliving the whole thing was emotional for sure. Took a lot out of me.
But i m doing good.
Heading down to Cincy on saturday.
this is one of my fav pics of jessica

Thumbnail by
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Glad you're recovering and are able to "celebrate" Jess!

not much going on here.
bored.
broiled some flank steaks for the week. will make taco's and some other things with it.
laundry and dishes are done

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bill's birthday was this past weekend. We had family over for dinner and cake. It was a nice weekend. Loved the weather!

Sue, You avatar looks great. Walmart must be getting better looking models. ;-)
How do you get finished with laundry? I have been trying for years. Lol

Where is Bonnie? We're missing you!
I've still never found out what happened to Janet. I miss her and her goat stories.

LOL on the models. YEp we grow em good here in Urbana. :)
basketball is still going on for us. i m sooo over this !! 19 wks. game every saturday and sunday
now the tournament. uhg.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

How Awesome they made it to the Tournaments! Go Austin!
I know how you feel about the season dragging on. I use to feel the same way about soccer when Nicholas played. Now, I wish he'd play again. Lol

I was liking the warmer temps. It would have been nice to keep them for a bit longer.
I finished the Valentine bags for Nicholas's classmates. This year each kid will get a candy bar and a self inflating balloon along with their valentine card. It was easy this year he only has 17 kids in his class.

I have to fast tonight for blood work in the morning. I hate fasting. As soon as I'm not suppose to eat, I feel like I'm starving and want everything. At least it's only a 12 hour starving, I mean fast.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey folks! Sue, that is a great picture--- actually two great pictures. I love that one of Jessica, too, and I'm glad they used it towards the end of the program as kind of a This is who she was, a quirky girl still growing into who she might be. Unfinished and interrupted, but more than just a tragic death. I was really moved by the program and thought you did Really, really well.

I am still in the middle of trying to clean up and sort thru all the junk and PAPERS I can't seem to organize or get rid of. It makes me remember a couple of parishioners who each swore they wanted to die first (they were both in their eighties), because whoever survived would have to clean out the basement. Part of the problem is that I inherited stuff from my mother and grandmother, who died within 18 months of each other, because I had the biggest house at the time. And my grandmother had inherited stuff from one of her sisters who had inherited stuff from a fairly well off couple that she had been nursing in their home for years, plus a nursing school chum who had also worked for the couple. The nursing school chum had 7 siblings, none of whom married, and her mother had a long standing property dispute over a land grant during the presidency of James Madison that only got settled abt 10 years after all these people died, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with all their papers, which are pretty interesting. On top of all that I have stuff like check registers from 1973, genealogy tidbits everywhere, and photos from all the people mentioned above. Eeeeeeeek!
I did find an 1856 Bible from a different branch of the family that had some family history written on the pages between the old and new testaments. It' that kind of thing that makes me paranoid about pitching things, I suppose.
Nothing else going on here except trying to help sister pick out a lift/ recliner chair. Oh, and talked to a friend in Maine who described roofs falling in from snow. Yikes!

we went to practice tonight only for me to remember that it was starting at 715 pm tonight uhg.
Pat thank you so much. I did like they humanized us.
got to run
bbl

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

How about 3-6", 6-9", or 9-12" by Tuesday morning? Depending on how far SOUTH you are.

It's about time Boston gave it up, and let the Ohio River valley take the limelight for a change...

I hope this bracing sunny Sunday morning finds all ORVs snug with their choice of hot beverage and fulfilling breakfast. Has everyone unpacked their shovels and snow gear for one last hurrah?

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley

To contrast the brittle cynicism, I have a small measure of cheer to offer.

Harbingers of spring by any other name smell as sweet...

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley Thumbnail by ViburnumValley Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

As far as I'm concerned, Boston can keep the limelight!!

Beautiful pictures!

'Diane', 'Aphrodite', and 'Westerstede' thank you for your admiration.

They've been pretty full of themselves the past two weeks...

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Pat, I've been cleaning closets out the past few weeks too. I'm taking my time because I make such a mess doing each closet. I have been doing my part to help keep things on Goodwill's shelves. I'm starting to think my DH is a pack rat. He keeps pulling things back out of the bag saying we need it. I'm putting the stuff in another bag and getting it out of here, because we don't need it. :-)

Sue, Hang in there basketball will be over soon.

I'm with you Joyce. Boston can keep the snow and Canada can have the artic temps back.

Hope everybody had a Happy Valentine's Day! We stayed home and had a great time.

another dull day at our house. not much going on.
Tom and i had dinner out friday. exchanged gifts and cards. Very nice.
saturday was inside all day. watched basketball and a few movies.
tom went to work
i decided to put LMT school on hold until spring 2016. Financially can't do it. Need to pay off bills and need to find a job ? . not much in my area. Unless you want a third shift at a factory.
nothing wrong with that work... just saying i m to old and have kids with no one else to look after them.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Boston can keep the snow as far as I a concerned also. Hate trying to get to work in that much snow and this is one year that I won't even try.

Everyone stay safe and warm.

Kathy

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sue, Third shift takes a night person or maybe a lot of coffee. Lol I would be ready for bed before my shift even started. I struggle to stay awake for New Years. Lol
I'll pray that you find a suitable job. Maybe you'll get a job that will help pay for your schooling.
Sorry to hear you have to delay your classes.

Nothing much going on here just cleaning and playing board games.
The weather people are saying we're going to get a little snow tomorrow. I hope they are telling the truth. My poor plants want a blanket, it's cold out there. I don't want Boston amounts. Lol Just a couple inches will do. :-)

Kathy, Which Hosta did you end up ordering from The Co-Op. I bought Praying Hands and Reptillian and Blue Mouse Ears. I also bought some Tom Pounce Lily bulbs. :-) I wish it was Spring!
Have you heard from the Dr in Columbus yet? Praying you get in soon.Take care of yourself.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

taylordaylily,

No, still haven't heard from the doctor. Thanks for the prayers, I would like all that I could get. Just have to be careful especially when I am at work.

I bought Earth Angel, Inspire Greatness, Peace, Zion's Hope and Big Daddy. I had already bought Praying Hands. I'm with you wishing that it was spring. I just want to get my surgery and be ready for playing in the dirt.

Kathy

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Kathy, I bought Inspire Greatness also. I almost forgot about it, Thank you for reminding me. You picked some great hosta's.
I'll keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated when you hear something. Hopefully it will be really soon.

Bonnie, Are you getting snowed in? The snow isn't to bad here only about a inch so far.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

taylordaylily,

I have a wooded area at the one end of my yard and I am trying to fill it up with hostas and astilbes but also need to buy some more of these. Just wish the doctor would hurry up so I can know just how long I am looking at.

We have about 7 inches of snow and it is still falling. I will wait until morning to see what it looks like before deciding about work. As they don't want me driving at the moment it will be up to my DIL to make the decision as we both work at the same place.

Kathy

cold cold and more cold. brrrrrr.
was out driving in it yesterday heading to Hamilton to see Tom. A van raced passed me . Soon ahead guess who was in an accident ?? the van.
took me 2.5 hrs to get to Hamilton. drove 35 the whole way.
not much going on here.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Cold here also with the temperature already below 0 and heading to anywhere from-10 to -20. So very glad that I have the next 3 days off and don't have to get out in the cold and the mess that is supposed to hit us Saturday,

Stay safe and warm ladies and be careful when going outside.

Kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.