Feeder visitors

Monkton, MD(Zone 6b)

Some feeder visitors we have had.

Thumbnail by ottahand7 Thumbnail by ottahand7 Thumbnail by ottahand7 Thumbnail by ottahand7 Thumbnail by ottahand7
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh, those are very pretty. We've had lots of robins in the back yard. I've heard woodpeckers in the distance. Cardinals are in the big Spruce tree out back as well as finches, sparrows, etc.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

ottahan7, nice photos. The Northern Flicker is very attractive, they come here during the summer time for us, I have not seen many of them lately during the winter. Cville_Gardener, we have pretty much same backyard feeders birds. I just spotted a rare visitor, a Baltimore Oriole, in which I have not seen for a couple o years. I was so excited, I went and dug out the orange colored feeder, filled with sugar water, and topped off with some apple jelly. I hope it will return and finds the 'special' feeder I've set out just to welcome it back to my neck of the wood. :)

Bethel Park, PA

A few of my yardbirds :)

Thumbnail by jusko88 Thumbnail by jusko88 Thumbnail by jusko88 Thumbnail by jusko88 Thumbnail by jusko88
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hah, jusko88, very nice yardbirds! I'm delighted to see you've Blue Jay comes to your feeder. Thus far, I have similar songbirds, but haven't successfully attract Blue Jay and Pileated Woodpeckers to the back yard.

I purchased a new suet feeder today, will try to find some time to make photos to share within the next few days.

Please keep those pics. coming folks. These feathered friends help keep the winter blue away.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'll try to snap a few - especially the Blue Jays.

Monkton, MD(Zone 6b)

Jusko, lovely photos, you are better catching the wrens than I am. They move too fast for me.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Here are a couple pics. The lighting is not in my favor. Hope all will enjoy them.

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Sorry the pics taken from my phone turned sideway. I wish I could fix them.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Here you go ...

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks for helping turning the pics up right. CG. Temp. really took a dip in the 20'ish. this early morning, it's now in the 40'ish. The birds were abundant out there this morning to enjoy the buffet.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'm delighted with the feeders' visitors. Lot of goldfinches, some Juncos, Carolina Wrens, houses Wrens, Nuthatches, Chickadees, and a growing number of Eastern Bluebirds.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm seeing those same varieties of birds here. So far the only shots I've gotten are of robins. But they have been as busy as can be.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I too am seeing an increasing number of Robins. One odd thing is I'm sorely miss my Red-bellied woodpeckers. In years past. They were regular feeder visitors.

C.G. what kind of tree is that in the pics.? Love those image of the Robins.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I know. I've heard woodpeckers way back in the back woods a few times this winter but not as much as usual. I did see the Cooper's Hawk this morning. Maybe that's part of the reason. Very few doves as well. I know the hawks like those.

The tree is a Norway Spruce. I'll bet it thinks it's back in Norway this week. Brrrr.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The spruce is a very attractive tree. And yes it is cold outdoor. I'm looking forward to Spring. We have a new feeder visitor today.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Here comes another.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The log suet feeder is a hit this evening.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hummm, I don't know why my first two pics. were right-side up, but the third. Yikes!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

These Bluebirds have got me trained; like clock work they come to the meal worms feeder daily at/around this time of day.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

It has been very cold. My Baltimore Oriole decided to hang around with us.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Arlington, WA

There are at least three Flickers that frequent the suet feeders daily in my back yard. Other constant visitors are numerous purple and goldfinches, chickadees, nuthatches and a downy woodpecker among others.

My sister feeds them often, They are Very cute
This message was edited Aug 11, 2020 1:52 PM

Camp Verde, AZ

It's good that you get so many feeder visitors. I also want to attract Blue Jay to my garden but I haven't been successful yet.I have consulted suitable feeders for Blue Jay but I still can't attract it. Maybe it's because of the seeds I feed? Can you tell me what is Blue Jay's favorite seeds? I hope my garden will have more visitors like you and I will try to take some beautiful photos.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2022 7:41 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.