Site fixes today (Jan 29, 2015)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

We are planning to roll out several small site fixes today at noon (PST). We don't expect to have any site disruptions or problems, but if you come across anything that seems odd or not working properly after that time, please report it here.

Concord, NC

Thank-You For Fixing that Language coding problem with the adds that you used to be able to see on Iris Pages and Plantfiles. It Looks Awesome withought that coding being seen by paid subscribers where adds are for non paying subscribers. Thank-You for getting the Tech Team to finally Fix this Terry. It looks Wonderful. Thanks. Sandra.

I'm glad it is working properly now - kudos to the techs for getting several changes rolled out today :-)

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Quote from Terry :
I'm glad it is working properly now - kudos to the techs for getting several changes rolled out today :-)

OK. the quotes seem to be working. No "smileys" yet LEMME SEE if the html tags are working.... ^_^

Progress has been made! ^_^

This message was edited Jan 29, 2015 1:36 PM

If you can see the quote boxes in the existing threads, it's a good sign that they will work for new posts, too :-)

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

My blog page is screwed up. When trying to edit a listing, the original posting goes missing.
(Text of your entry: is blank) But when I go back to the original posting it is there. So I can't edit the text part of my blogs as of late. However, if I push Finished, instead of return to previous, it deletes the original post . Not good. And to make things even crazier, it doesn't happen every time. but mostly Thanks for helping to fix this glitch. Patti

This message was edited Jan 30, 2015 4:17 PM

Patti, I'm going to guess that somewhere in your text is a stray single quote, double quote or other tiny bit of punctuation that is causing the problem.

The next time you open to edit something and it is empty, try these steps:

1. Stop immediately and hit your browser's back arrow to go back one page.
2. Copy your text (highlight and use your "edit" --> "copy" in your browser bar or press the Ctrl & C keys at the same time.)
3. Go back into edit. Repaste ("edit"-->"paste" in the bar, or Ctrl+V keys). Complete your edits and save it.

We are still working to find out

a) why some people have different punctuation marks (unless you are a professional writer, there's no reason to not use standard keyboard punctuation marks); and
b) which ones are problematic for our system...and find a way to allow them if they won't leave the site vulnerable to attacks.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

tried it several time, but not working still. I will keep looking at which work and which don't to see if I find a flaw or difference. Thanks, Patti

Concord, NC

Hi..so the coding fixes on the Iris pages are still good but noticed on plantfiles main page to the right of the Bloom of the Day Photo..the ADUNIT coding for the adds is back..could you please forward this to the tech team to take a look at. Thanks. Sandra.

Will do - thank you!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Looks like VIGLINK in several forms is back trying to install script when accessing forums.

I've reported it to our tech and asked for an update and a response.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks Terry.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.