can someone tell me if this is a tree?

Davie, FL(Zone 10b)

this baby plant i put in a pot when it was like 2" high...i found it growing randomly in the sidewalk edge & grass of a business complex (which i'm surprised it survived the transplant)...it looked interesting but i have no clue what it is...& now it's starting to look more tree like...it's even growing a bark like texture at it's base...can anyone identify it?

i can take better pics if needed

Thumbnail by Adrastia217 Thumbnail by Adrastia217
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Ficus seedling - yes, a tree.

Resin

Davie, FL(Zone 10b)

doesn't look like the ficus i'm used to growing in my yard...thanks!...it'll be fun watching this thing grow

Davie, FL(Zone 10b)

This plant that i posted months ago is now bigger & looks very different...it's even sprouting flower buds...i still have no idea what it is...& i am so sorry for the sideways pictures...my phone wouldn't cooperate with me

Thumbnail by Adrastia217 Thumbnail by Adrastia217 Thumbnail by Adrastia217 Thumbnail by Adrastia217
Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Maybe some kind of fig?

Davie, FL(Zone 10b)

That'd be so cool if it was a fig tree...but it has flowers forming...wouldn't it take a tree years to flower?

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Tropical and sub tropical plants are not my forte. In doing some quick research though, figs and ficus are in the same family. Unless someone else here can offer a solution, you might wait longer until those blooms, or whatever it is, matures and post another pic.

Davie, FL(Zone 10b)

True...I'm going to wait a few days & see what blooms out of it

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Yeah post it up then. Hopefully someone will weigh in.

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Adrastia, it sure looks healthy, you're such a good Mommy!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

My vote is that it is NOT the usual "edible fig". I have grown those a bit and this doesn't seem the same. But it is a pretty plant and looks very healthy.

Davie, FL(Zone 10b)

Hey guys...i found out it's a Jatropha! I'm so excited after i failed twice at getting a seed to grow off that tree...since i never got it to grow & the leaves start off very different i was really thrown off...i mean when i found this seedling in the grass it was yards away so i didn't think it would be that Jatropha tree

Well thank you guys so much for trying to help me figure it out...i really do appreciate it!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Awesome, glad you found an answer for it!

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Great job and keep up the good work.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.