Doll House, miniatures help needed

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

While on a visit to Germany, I fell in love with the Reutter miniatures two years ago. Have always liked miniatures, but now I am interested into taking a step to try and build one of my own. I found one I really like the theme and thought it would be a good beginner project for me.

I bought a sewing store front kit on ebay (aka, from a USA seller that bought it from China). Apparently it should have come with glue but China is prohib from shipping that....which is totally okay. The problem is I don't know what kinds of glue to use. Some gluing will be the wood...should I be using the brown wood glue for this? There is also foam core, paper, fabric, plastic....I was hoping I could just use something like Aleens's white Tacky Glue?... Also is there a trick that glue will not bleed thru the paper and fabric?

I sew and quilt, that is why this project interested me. I also have a couple sewing miniature pieces that could possible be incorporated into my storefront if the size is right, I will have to wait and see on that until I get it started and see what might work. I never made a miniature quilt, but its a thought too. I don't want to get ahead of myself with these thoughts, I have to get a good start first and add extras toward the end. The key here is to get it finished, not just started. I've looked at some Pinterest pictures but learned nothing about glue. But first things first, I need to begin by gluing!

Any and All help or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks so much. tish

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!