WATCH OUT for Michigan Bulb !!!

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

This isn't the sort of place that I usually buy from, but I was searching primulas and saw that Michigan Bulb had a 40% off sale on perennials, and additionally the website said $20 off your order (of $40 or more) if you give them your email address. So after sending them my email address, they sent me an email with a place to click for their website. When I did, THE PRICES WERE MUCH HIGHER to get the $20 off, so, in fact it was more like nothing off, or more money than their 40% off sale.

After speaking with a rep and getting a code to use, I tried ordering on the 40% off website, but it wouldn't accept the code I'd been given and the website locked up, so I called again to try to try to place my order on the phone, and was told that I can't combine offers. THE WEBSITE SAID NOTHING ABOUT THE OFFER NOT BEING VALID WITH THE PRICES LISTED! I then asked to talk to a supervisor who told me the same thing.
As far as I'm concerned, they're making fraudulent offers and this is a very scumbag company! (Not to mention that I had to search to find the real names of the plants that they had renamed with bogus names and have wasted a few hours of my day on this whole thing.)

Sooo.... I just wanted to warn everyone and ask that you boycott Michigan Bulb.

Thanks for reading my rant!

I just posted in Garden Watchdog and saw that they have terrible reviews, so maybe it's a good thing that I didn't order.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

I ordered from them many years ago - first and last time - surprised they are still in business.

I guess there are always new folks that don't know about them. I doubt they get too many re-orders, considering the reviews.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

During the 1960's and early 70's that was a good place to shop for plants ,, Last since then , like others , plants from frozen or dormant storage ,
not the best place, sometimes though luck has had it course ,,
Different economics and times these days has mucked up everything that started out really good .. oh well ..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.