Scale Biological Control in Conservatory

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Heavy infestation on Philodendron, Monstera, Epipremnum and other tropical trees and shrubs. Tentatively ID'd as Coccus hesperidum (Brown Soft Scale). I also listed this in the ID forum. Looking to get control of this pest. I was looking at Lindorus lophanthae for control. Anyone else have experience?

Thumbnail by growin Thumbnail by growin Thumbnail by growin Thumbnail by growin
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

yuck, that is quite an infestation. i'd go with an Imidacloprid drench, closely following directions for amounts to use on various plants according to their maturity. i'd also first cut off as much old growth/leaves as possible and bag them.
for small scale problems, i've had great success with a generic cooking oil spray but that won't work for so many plants, especially tall ones and probably too many crevices for them to hide in at this point.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I wish I could use soaps and the like but that becomes highly complicated as there are parrots within a foot of the photographed plant including sloths, tortoise, etc. If I go that route I'd need vet approvals, management approvals, etc. I kinda need to go the biological route as that's pre-approved.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

That's a tough one. Any chance you could cover or cage the plants for 24 hrs, then rinse?

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Um, probably not. To give you an example, here I am with the parrot and the plant is behind, sprawled over a fake Kapok tree trunk. It's an Epipremnum that looks hideous from the scale.

Thumbnail by growin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.