SALE !!!!

Kansasville, WI(Zone 5a)

B & D Lilies is having their spring sale. I only ordered a few.....

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Which ones did you order?

Kansasville, WI(Zone 5a)

It was hard to choose. But I ended up with...

Isabella
Lilac Cloud
Carolina
Miss Lucy
Raspberry Ribbons
Bubble bath
Indian Summerset
Fabiola
Red Velvet
L. Auratum

Hopefully we have an early spring and I can get the garden ready before my order arrives.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

I ordered last spring and last fall. I just LOVE their lilies. I'm eyeing a few!

This message was edited Jan 15, 2015 5:27 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice choices, crazy4brugs. You are really going to have a beautiful display.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

OH, I can hardly wait til spring -- not like I am alone in THAT thought. :)

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Heaven help us - their catalog is on line!

http://www.bdlilies.com/s2015.html

I looked and fortunately found nothing that tempted me. Whew...

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!

Having ordered last fall and last spring, I may actually be able to restrain myself.

But I love looking at the pictures and descriptions, and that often gets me into trouble.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I agree, Mary. Beautiful flowers but I have many. :)

Kansasville, WI(Zone 5a)

Well I think I have a good start now. I have no will power when it comes to flowers.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I definitely get that. :)

Well, I resisted B&D, but then received a post card from a local dahlia grower I had forgotten about. I felt badly as I had ordered several (25) from outside growers. So I went online and looked at his stock then bought six more. Ugh. I have no clue where these will all go. But I wanted to supported the local seller. His stock is increasing, his internet site improving. So he must be doing well. I will keep his post card for next year to be sure to check his plants out first.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Bravo to you for supporting a local grower at a time when so many are struggling. As to the problem of where to put it all - I must confess that I originally have plans but get caught up in eye candy. Sometimes i actually move things later!

I am eyeballing the front yard for another bed. As long as there are no bushes or things that stick out of the ground in spring and fall for the moose to eat or pull up, it should be okay. I think it will be small enough that I could mulch it then put plywood over it to keep their big moosey feet from digging 6" holes on top of bulbs. Course the dahlias will be out, but I would like to put in some columbine and poppies also. They won't be hurt either.

I wish I had made that decision last fall and covered some grass with cardboard, mulch and soil to speed killing the lawn. I will do it first thing it comes out of the snow, then by mid-may when I can think about planting out, I can get the rock to go around it and fill in with garden soil, soil, compost etc. I also need to find a place to put my (hopefully) nursling iris and daylilies if I can get them to germinate. The bed will get great sun from early spring through late afternoon. About the best spot in the garden except the little hills by the pond that get darn near 7-24 spring and summer.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

1 Eremo
1 Nashville
1 Eyeliner
for 2015

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Big moosey feet! LOL!

Well, they ARE! Big and with all that several hundred pounds on top....They might even crash through the plywood

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

It's just that there are not a lot of people I know who talk about big moosey feet in their yards!

:-) snicker.......

Wyoming, MN

Did you see that Ramona has lily bulbs offered on the LA?

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

What is the LA? Where, please, are they offered? I always like to support Ramona.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's the Lily Auction. http://daylily.com/cgi-bin/auction.cgi

Kansasville, WI(Zone 5a)

Ramona is offering 3 dwarf lilies. Those look interesting.

I went and looked but the only lilies were simply for sale. There was no auction involved. Very interesting site. Specially if you're into daylilies.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Thank you Cville.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The auction part kicks in if there is more than one buyer/bidder.

You're welcome, Donna.

Wyoming, MN

There is a "store" component to the LA site. If you look at the individual lilies you will see that this is a fixed price. It also shows how many of each are still available. I believe she started with 20 of each.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.