David Walton (Pughbear7)

Los Angeles, CA

David Walton, (Pughbear7) joined us on October 18th, 2007 and was an active and helpful member for many years. He had a degree in Horticulture and was constantly teaching and assisting members with garden questions. His philosophy about questions was

"The only stupid question is the one that was never asked."

Ever-helpful and always willing to instruct newbies, David shared his knowledge joyfully. He was also the unofficial leader of the long-running 'Back Porch Chats' where members gathered to discuss their day, and lend support and friendship to others.

Even when his health deteriorated and he was in constant pain, he was cheerful and ever-helpful to all. A dedicated teacher and a loyal friend, he will be greatly missed by our community.

“Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together.”― Scott Hayden

Thumbnail by Bhavi
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I didn't know him very well but wish I had.

Winnetka, CA

So sad to learn of Dave's passing... I was privledged to learn a great deal from his propagation thread. My sympathies to his family. May he rest in peace... thank you Dave for all you gave to DG!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Dave was a true friend and we had many long threads and a lot of us learned many different propagation ideas from Dave.

He loved his family and also his DG family. He endured so much pain for so many years it is very peaceful to think of him without pain. He loved to garden and many times gardened on his hands and knees because he was in to much pain to stand but he never gave up.

God bless you Dave. God must have needed help with his garden. Hugs, Sharon..

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

My deepest sympathies to Kim and the rest of his family.

Dave took the time to help many people with so many different situations with knowledge and humor. This was the glue that held the propagation forum together.

Eventually the forum split into 2 forums, since we got off topic so much. And now I am getting off topic.

We miss you Dave. Sharon is right. You get to work/play in God's garden.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.