Installing mini blinds inside mount and hitting metal

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I am helping my daughter who is replacing all the old vertical blinds in her bedroom windows. they bought this house which is maybe 20 yrs old. 2 of the upstairs bedrooms have arched windows. these are vinyl windows. She put a curtain rod up but had a very difficult time because the drill bit hit metal just under the wall board, about 1-2 " beyond the window. (not inside mount) She wants to install 1" blinds inside mount. I am guessing the metal will there too. Can we use a hammer drill w/ metal bit and proceed as usual to secure the brackets?

So the blinds will hang about 20 inches below the top of the arch. about 5 in. depth of window. we will then hang a rod above the arch for a curtain that goes the length of the window to the sill.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!