Ceramic tile floor on small powder room?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I have a small half bath with old 1970s linoleum on concrete foundation, then a layer or 1990s vinyl sheet floor. I did a subway tile backsplash so am tempted to try this floor.

Do I have to get the sheet vinyl off? The linoleum?
Is this floor ok for an area that gets water seepage 1-2 times per year, it will flood a quarter inc until we notice it and get busy. It flows thru this room going to the utility area and sump.
How about cutting around the toilet?
And the toilet flange, will it need to be modified? DH has done toilets before but I don't want to surprise him with a bad job.
The sink hangs on the wall, I want to do a standing sink with the pipe cover, no vanity. So if I get a green light, I can start under the sink, taking all the base molding off.

Thanks in advance. Real tile just looks better and worth the small cost difference over fake crap on such a small room.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!