Does anyone have an aquarium?

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

I wasn't sure where else to put this, so here goes. I have a 125 gallon aquarium. It is about 11 years old, and the stand that came with it is beginning to degrade. I don't want to take the chance of the stand failing, so I am looking into a new stand. One made from square tubes of steel, welded together. This is a large aquarium (60" X 30" tall X 18" wide), and I wonder if anyone else has experience with a stand like this. It would be made by an aquarium company, so I feel sure it will be more than adequate for the weight. Also, I will have to completely empty the aquarium of everything; water, plants, fish, gravel, driftwood and rocks. What on earth can I put them in, and how long can they stay in something without the filtration, etc.? The stand takes about 3 weeks to complete, and I feel sure I could do the transfer in 2 days, but is that too long for the fish to be out of the tank? Any info on this would be helpful. I feel sure somebody out there will have had some experience with this kind of thing before. Picture below...

Thumbnail by happytail
This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!