CLOSED: Rose of Sharon seedlings for postage - come springtime

Natick, MA

A couple of my Rose of Sharons are prolific in setting seedlings in my front garden. I hate to just pull them up and dispose of them, but have no more room for them. If anyone is looking for some Rose of Sharon, I'll be glad to share for postage.
Just thinking ahead to spring!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'll keep this in mind. I love ROS.

Natick, MA

Please do......Happy to share. I am building my perennial garden and don't have a lot to share yet, but more than happy to share what I have.

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

What cultivars do you have Val?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Valal, I guess these would grow in Milton, MA, too? Returning to MA after 3 years away....our garden is an overgrown mess. But I liked ROS long ago.....I'll get back to you, OK?

Natick, MA

Hi Mipii,
I got these as seedlings from my father in law many years ago (20-25?) and so I dont know what their names are. The most prevalent is the white with cherry red center.

Carrie - DEFINITELY! They grow well throughout this area, and Cape Cod seems to have an awful lot of them that bloom profusely (where we used to vacation on the Vineyard).

You can trim them to whatever size/shape you want or let them grow into large (10-12 ft?) trees
These are pretty small but they will grow and are very hardy. I love the flowers as they generally flower pretty profusely in July and August, often a little earlier and a later.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

OK, thinking, researching,etc, I'll Dmail you sometime.

Natick, MA

I could probably package 1/2 dozen to a dozen in small priority box as there will be little dirt in packing

Ocean Springs, MS

I'd be interested in a small box. Thanks!

Natick, MA

Okey Dokey, Julie!
Will touch base w/those interested in spring, when I can dig 'em up and will get them out to you at good planting time for you.

Center, TX

OK Valal, I would like to have whatever you can get in the small box. What colors do you have? I have huge pine trees in my front yard but they have pine beetles in them so we are having them all cut. Those will be very nice to replace the pines. I will dmail you my address and you can send me the amount and your address. Thanks so much. Alda

Natick, MA

hi Alda,
Sounds like a nice plan...but these guys will be little "twigs", but they DO grow, are hardy, and are lovely when they start flowering :o) Will "talk to you" when they are ready to dig.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I would also be interested in a small box. Kathy

Natick, MA

Hi Kathy!
I will contact those when it's time to dig ...so I'll be in touch!

Natick, MA

I am going to close this thread for now. If I am able to fulfull those here and others who expressed interest and I still have some for the taking I will repost in May
Thank you!

Center, TX

Valal, Thanks for the offer, but I have several people from church that have offered some small plants so you can share with others who have none. Thanks again. Alda

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

valal, do you have one or two more?

Natick, MA

jordan,
I am betting I can find one or two more, but they are still under more than a foot of snow, so wont be shipping anytime soon :)
It's supposed to be 50 tomorrow...maybe some good melting will take place!?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It sure has been hard to think about gardening (outside, I mean) and hard to remember that there ias anything but snow and gray slush and mud out there.

Natick, MA

Today felt a little like spring.....but GEE there are still piles of ugly snow and my yard is still covered

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Definitely.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.