My Siamese lost her black shorthaired friend

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Three years ago a good friend of mine left for New Zealand. He could not take his 16 year old black domestic shorthair (Tiny) and his 4 years old Siamese (Sophie) so I took them. I grew up with cats and they have been lovely companions, being spoiled and brushed and being adorable as only cats can be.

Last night, at the age of 20, Tiny passes away. He had some of the illnesses older cats had, and I had taken him to the vet two days ago. He seemed better and had a little dinner and I cuddles with him on the coach and put him to bed but he passed away during the night.

His companion, the Siamese Sophie, is clinging to my side. She seems to understand what happened. I know that Siamese cannot be single pets, and that I must find her a companion. It is hard to do but I know I must start my search. I am in northern Illinois. Does anyone have any insight as to where I can get a middle aged Siamese? I would very much like to rescue a cat, as these two adorable creatures were rescues.

As you can see, they were very close.

Thank you.

Donna

Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack
This thread has 50 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!