2015: May it be healthy and fulfilling!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Can you believe we have begun another year? Yes, 2015 has arrived (or it will shortly for those of us in the U.S. as it is currently 8:30 p.m. in the Central Time Zone)!!

We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1382238/

This message was edited Dec 31, 2014 10:16 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is a collage I just made from a few of the photos I took in 2014 of some of the blooms in my garden.

On these cold, gray days of winter, it lifts my spirits to look at the beautiful flowers that bloomed in my garden last summer. :) AND it reminds me that spring will arrive once again and we can look forward to more of God's beautiful handiwork in the form of gorgeous blooms!

Thumbnail by marsue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

It's been so mild here I have perennials putting out new growth. Some of my roses have put on new leaves. The bad thing about that is we will surely have some really cold weather that will damage all that new growth.

I was out running errands this afternoon and the traffic was really bad. Then we went to David's Burgers to eat dinner and the traffic was absolutely crazy!!! Worse than Christmas. We were home by 6:45 and not about to leave the house again! I just don't like to get out on New Year's eve. I like the warmth and safety of my own house. I have been prepping a chest of drawers to paint tomorrow. The prepping is taking me about as long as it's going to take to paint. I have a couple of more I need to get started on tomorrow. So Mon it's going to be back to work as usual!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Happy New Year my dear gardening friends!!!

Thanks for the new thread, Marilyn!!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Good morning on this first day of 2015, my gardening friends! I am so glad that you are all a part of my life. I first joined DG in May, 2007, but didn't really discover the Mid-South thread and all of you ladies until that autumn. I first met Kathy Ann in person on the Saturday after Thanksgiving that year when she invited me up to "browse through her greenhouse". I gladly accepted and, true to her loving, giving nature, Kathy Ann loaded me up with plants! I was amazed at her generosity! I met some more of you lovely ladies at Debra's house in May, 2008, when she hosted an RU. The rest, as they say, is history!
Never in my wildest dreams did I think at that time that I would be meeting so many of you in person and that strong friendships would be formed among us. As I said earlier, I am so thankful to have each of you in my life. :)

Charlotte, your perennials aren't going to know what season it is, poor things! I remember in the spring of 2008 we had a late frost (like in late April) that really hurt a lot of the flowering trees and the early-blooming flowers. It took several weeks for them all to recover from that.
I'm glad that the people who came in to look after Richard while you were in CA proved to be efficient and caring and that Richard liked them. I am sure it was much less stressful for you to be away knowing that he was being well cared-for.

It's another gray day here. Some sunshine would certainly be appreciated. We might get some wintry mix this week-end but nothing of any significance according to the weather folk. We'll see. . .
:D

You ladies have a blessed day!

Ripley, MS

Happy 2015 praying Gods Best Blessings for you all in 2015. !

I haven't actually walked around my yard in several weeks, but I can see out the kitchen window that my bronze fennel is trying to come back up. I am pretty sure that Jan will put a stop to that.

We had a girls party last night here, Charity, Faith, MollyAnnah, and myself watched movies and had junk food of all kinds, pizza and ice cream !!!! I even had a small root beer float. I never buy root beer unless they are visiting. I met Amanda at a Walmart store half way and we went inside and loaded up the buggy with whatever they wanted to munch on.
I am cooking a roast with potatoes and carrots and tomato gravy, cabbage and cornbread today, maybe some peas if I can find some in the freezer.
Mammaw has finally agreed to go stay with Glenda for a while, Glenda has to do most of the staying with her as Jerry and Cathy both have jobs and Nellie is really not able to help any. Her heart doctor is almost as old as she is and has cut back on his trips to Ripley. The health nurse recommended one who is from Southaven but comes to New Albany to see patients. She saw him in early Dec and he told her she needed to come to his Southaven office so he could check out her pacemaker with his equipment. Glenda lives about 15 miles from Southaven and that is when she asked her to come to her house. She answered her like this---"I thought when I moved here I wouldn't have to move again"-----Cathy talked to her, same answer, Jerry talked to her, same answer. Being raised correctly, they just let it drop. The last time Jerry stayed with her he didn't jump up every time she acted like she was going to get up. He said she went to the bathroom, came back and went to the kitchen for a water bottle, got to her chair and was huffing and puffing trying to breathe. He asked her if she still thought she would be ok by herself, and she had to say that it probably wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Yesterday morning Glenda texted Jerry and told him that Mom had agreed to go home with her for a while. Jerry is with her since noon yesterday and Glenda went home to get her room ready. She had a room at Glenda's ever since her boys moved out, but she will need her hospital bed there now. I will be lonesome, but I have been practically useless helping out with her lately and not sure what the future for Cayla will look like now. She is still having back pain, I am hoping that will eventually stop, but who knows. I don't have any plans to go back until she goes to Nashville in Feb for her check ups there. I will keep Eli at home while they go, right now she has apps on a tues and thurs of the same week. It is a 3 hour trip from her house there so they will probably just stay.
Whatever our 2015 brings---God is still in control and still worthy to be praised !

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra I'm sure glad to hear Mrs Mills as decided to stay with Glenda for a while. It will be so much easier on all of you. We all want to stay in our own home but I think at times there comes a time we have to think of our children's lives. My friend Judy is perfectly healthy but she has started thinking about the day that might not be the case. She is in the process of moving from Arkadelphia to Nashville, Tn where her daughter lives. It will take her a while to get it accomplished but she says she knows her daughter will be the one that will have to take care of her in old age and she doesn't want her to have to disrupt her life to do so. If Richard should go before me, I will end up moving to CA for the same reason.

My dad's oldest sister lived by herself on a farm in LA (her husband was older than she and she lived a number of years after he died). Her daughter died of cancer and her son lived in Baton Rouge. He kept trying to get her to move to Baton Rouge. He had a cottage on his property that she could live in. In the meantime he was paying a neighbor to check on her every day. She thought the neighbor was just being nice! One time she got so mad about him wanting her to move she had a heart attack and ended up dying. She was in her late eighties. They decided it was a blessing. She had reached the point she didn't need (couldn't) to be by herself in the country but she would have never been happy in Baton Rouge. She had lived in the same house since she had gotten married! I come by my independent nature and stubbornest naturally! All three of dad's sister's were very independent women.

Getting old is not for cissies as I'm discovering!

I'm praying that Cayla gets back to her normal self. I know you worry about her.

Ripley, MS

Yes, Charlotte, if we live long enough I am sure we will all need help eventually. I always said it was a blessing my Mamma went like she did, it would have broken her spirit to have to be taken care of like we are doing with Jerry's Mom. She was VERY independent !!! Of course she didn't really have a choice as she had to raise us by herself !!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm glad to get my week back to normal. Now if I could finish getting all the problems taken care of I would be happy! The guy finally came out this morning and replaced the broken window pane. They measured some time ago and then decided to come back when I was in CA. Didn't bother to call! They had to replace the whole bottom window. (Both panes) Then the guy couldn't get it to snap back in place right. He finally got it but a part broke and he had to repair it. Now he has ordered the new part and will have to come back and install it!!!

I was having a lot of problems with Richard's uverse box in Dec. I kept having to reset it. When Jeff came he told me he thought it had gone out so we put the one in another bedroom in his room. I didn't have time to call uverse and hold forever and then talk to someone for an hour! So I just put it off until Jan. I got my uverse bill and was shocked at the bill!!! During all the problems the parental controls got taken off and he had ordered a bunch of movies that he of course didn't even know he had ordered and never watched!! So I spent a big chunk of the morning on the phone with uverse and got that taken care of. They are actually taking the movie charges off my bill and told me they could reduce my cell phone bill by 5.00 a month! They are sending me a new box but now I have to box up and return the old one that is broken!

Then the hinge on my laptop that I bought less than a year ago broke and the whole top just came apart as a result! It's in warranty and they will send me another one if they deem this one not repairable. I don't think it is! A metal part on the hinge cracked the edge of the touch screen. This happened just before Christmas and I can't do without a lap top so I went out and bought another one!!! So I guess I'll just have a backup. I didn't lose anything. I was able to transfer my files to my new one. I don't have any idea what I'm doing but somehow I manage to get it done by just not being afraid to push buttons!!! I sent it to icloud and dropbox and retrieved it all. I was really afraid I had lost my soap label graphics that I worked so hard to make. I actually had an installation disk for the program I use. When I bought it I just downloaded it from the internet but then I had them send me an actual disk. So glad I did. Now I have to box it up and send it back.

I forgot to say that a lady backed into my SUV in the mall parking lot just before Christmas. She was nice enough to have me paged. It didn't bend anything just scraped my front bumper. I finally took it out yesterday for an estimate and to schedule the repair. Ended up being 900. Worth of damage. Her insurance is paying for it. I didn't notice that the grill had damage and the rim around a fog light was also cracked. Pays to have a profrssional look at it!

This message was edited Jan 6, 2015 2:19 PM

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

It was a very nice New Year. Jim got off Friday. The kids went back to school today. The tree is down and all the decorations are back in their place. Ashley doesn't get back to her schedule until next week but it's close enough to normal around here. I did an eviction yesterday and finished up my bank statements yesterday. I still have to get them to my CPA but until the end of Feb. or March I'm through with the tax ordeal.

I spent about 2 hrs on the phone with DISH Sat. They took our monthly payment but b/c Jim didn't use it for 2 weeks they cut it off.

I'm glad that it was just your car and you weren't hurt. I hate it though with your new sub. It's a miracle every time we go out here that the cars don't get smashed!!! People totally don't know how to drive. I feel like I'm playing dodge ball with my car. There are at least 3 people per trip that pull out right in front of you.

Did you get the same kind of computer that you had before? Do you like it?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

The laptop that the hinge broke on was a Asus. I really liked it but decided that might be a flaw in the design and decided to buy another Toshiba. This is the 3rd Toshiba laptop I've had. The Asus had a touch screen and really like that feature so the Toshiba I bought also has a touch screen. I like having the full size keyboard but being able to use the touch screen for a lot of things. The new laptops are so light weight and so much thinner than the older ones. They are very easy to use. I decided the hinge design on the Asus could be a design flaw and might could happen again. I open and close my laptop a LOT. The Toshiba I chose has a hinge that is designed in such a way I don't think it would affect the screen if it broke. On the Asus part of the hinge mechanism was behind the screen. So when it sprung apart and I do mean sprung it caused one side of the screen to dislodge from the case. The reason I was so concerned about my data was the screen was very unstable (and about to totally fall out). It stabilized long enough for me to send everything to outer space!! LOL I knew all the data was there and I could get a computer guy to retrieve it for me on the hard drive but I didn't want to have to go to that expense and trouble.

I learned a few things in the process. I had bought the latest version of Microsoft office and had spent quite a bit for it. But I had just downloaded it didn't have a disk and didn't know where my key code was. I discovered all that information is actually stored on your computer if you just know where to access it. I was able to download it again without any problem. I found all the key codes for all the products I have loaded on my laptop. I printed it out so I will have it if I need it again but knowing me I will not be able to find where I put it if I do need it!! I also use Serif which I had spent quite a bit on and even through I retrieved my soap labels I couldn't use them without Serif opening them. So one of my main concerns was the soft ware I had on the laptop.

Yes there are some crazy drivers out there!!! I was just glad such a nice lady hit it! I wasn't in my SUV when the lady hit it. It was just parked and I was inside the mall. Most people would have just driven off!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I didn't realize it had been so long since I have been here.

I won't try to comment on everything but I will say that I'm glad Mrs. Mills will be staying with Glenda for a while. Hope they get everything worked out with her pacemaker. Does she send a report in to the doctor's office every 3 months, Sandra? I have an electronic device sort of like a mini-laptop which has a mouse that reads my pacemaker data then dials the doctor's office and sends the info over the phone. I do that every 3 months and go in to see the doctor once a year. It is very convenient but you have to have a land line (phone) because you have to plug the mini-laptop device into the phone line in order to transmit the info. If it wasn't for the fact that I have to have a land line for that, I would completely do away with our land line. both Al and I have cell phones which we use more than the land line and I hate paying for both the land line and the cell phones. :(

Anyway, I suppose all of us will be affected by this latest arctic chill that is coming down and reaching even you ladies in Mississippi and Louisiana.
This will be me the next few days! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I didn't realize til now that I hadn't posted here either! Like Marilyn, I won't comment on everything, but I will say I hope 2015 is better for everyone than 2014!

I too am glad Mrs Mills will be settled with Glenda for a while. Sandra, you certainly have enough on your plate for now. I've been watching all the posts so am still praying for Cayla and will be anxiously waiting for the next piece of news on her progress. And Eli too! I know you are thankful Bryan's family is pitching in when they can too.

Jeri, glad things are getting back to 'normal' (if there is such a thing) with you too. I kwym about the tax stuff. I always use my time off during the holidays to clean out my files and get ready for taxes. I throw away old receipts, bills and such that I don't need, put the ones I do need in the file for taxes, keep some and shred the ones we no longer need. Now that so much is kept electronically it's much easier. And I can download an end-of-year summary from AMEX. That's our one major credit card so we really don't have much to keep other than the tax stuff. Of course that's a good bit with the rental properties and statements and such but at least it's mostly organized and just waiting for all the January statements to roll in.

Charlotte, you were very fortunate the lady contacted you about the parking lot incident. I found a couple of dimples in my front bumper last week. I was really bummed. I'm quite sure someone bumped it in a parking lot. The first dent or ding in a new car is a bummer. Yes, the drivers are crazy. There are certain parts of town that have accidents all the time and we are constantly amazed at how people drive in those areas. Changing 2-3 lanes at one time without regard to what's going on around them. It's like that entitlement thing. Glad you got your new computer up and running. Earl bought me a new ipad mini for Christmas. I was worried about transferring everything from my old one (the screen had cracked), but it was a piece of cake. I love Apple for that reason. Just had to go into the settings and make sure everything was checked properly for mail, contacts, etc.

I am not looking forward to this cold weather. Y'all stay warm!

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Have I stumbled onto Face Book? LOL

Ken

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes you have Ken!

Elaine you can transfer laptop to lap top but my unstable screen wouldn't let me get to the location I needed. It would let me get to my files so that's why I just sent them all to iCloud and drop box and then retrieved them all.

Ripley, MS

Ken, we will let you do the gardening talk through the winter as we don't have greenhouses, oh wait, Jeri has one I think---LOL

Mammaw hasn't moved yet, not sure when they are going to be moving her, but probably are not going to in this crazy weather. Glenda is with her now.

Charlotte everything just piled up on you in Dec, I am glad you seem to have everything under control now.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Did Yall hear about the earthquakes in Dallas yesterday? Scary!!! I talked with a lady that lives there and she said last count there had been 9.

Just met with the CPA and the updates for my accounting system won't update on the Window's side of my computer. It's too old. Waaaaah!!!!! It never ends!!!! I had no idea that Window's is up to 8.1 now.

I love the touch feature of my iPad and my phone. As I stated above my computer is old and it doesn't have that feature. In fact I don't even think any of the Mac's have a touch screen at all.

Yall stay warm tonight. It's suppose to be bad and then I think it goes back to warming up.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I went from windows 7 to windows 8.1 when I got the Asus that the hinge broke on. It is totally different from windows 7. It took me some getting used to but after I figured it out I like it. It uses a lot of key board shortcuts. With my touch screen I cut and paste and things like that the same way you do it on an ipad. Of course they also changed Microsoft office a lot. I was trying to do something on it when I first got it installed and was about to pull my hair out. I was trying to print lots of the same price labels using the label format. Something I do all the time! But it took me forever to figure out how to do it on the new Office.

I do like the touch screen for a lot of the things I do. It's much easier to scroll through something. You just use your finger like on an ipad. Windows 8 has what they call charms on your start up page. I really don't use those except when I need to get into an app (they call different programs apps) - i.e. Microsoft office is considered an app. You can actually download apps like you do for an ipad. I really prefer to use Firefox but I've really been having trouble with it on my new laptop. I had finally gotten it to work on the one that the hinge broke on. Firefox has not gotten up to snuff technologically with windows 8. It will tell you when you download it that it may not work properly. I'm having trouble with Adobe Flash working on Firefox. It continually crashes. I have to go through google chrome or IE when I working on certain things. It works fine on the other browsers. I wish they would get Firefox up to date!

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Shoot, I can talk about tropical plants from sunrise till sunset. Greenhouses or no greenhouses. My wife says I am a poor businessman and that I would rather talk about my orchids (and such) than actually sell any of them....LOL

Ken

Ken, you can talk about most anything you want to talk about here. That's why most of us like it better than FB. We do get our $15 worth, lol! And we can talk a lot more here than on FB. Somehow we consider it our little private world, even though it's not really 'private' iykwim.

E

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

More private than FB, that's for sure.

Ken

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Charlotte have you tried Chrome operating system. I've even been using it over Safari on my Mac.

Ken it is so cold, the other forums are still talking plants this is our OT forum and there is no telling what will be discussed here. LOL!!! Although we will still talk plants too!!!

I want to pay someone else's $15.00 dues. How do you do that?

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

You are so nice to offer.............

Ken

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes I installed Chrome and have my tool bar all set up the way I like it but still don't like it as well Firefox. Certain sites i have to use Chrome. My Adobe flash player keeps crashing on Firefox but doesn't on Chrome or IE.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

LOL!!! Ken!!! It's a friend that is having problems right now and I know she would enjoy still being on Dave's but doesn't feel with all the expenses she has incurred that it's a luxury she can't afford but have no idea how to do this.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

D-Mail, Jeri

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Got it Ken, Thanks!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't want to install another thing for some time now!!!! I have an e printer and it automatically connected to my new lap top and I have been printing away. Then I had a need to scan something tonight and discovered that it was not set up. So I downloaded the drivers and got it going. Then I tried to print something and it wouldn't work!!! Did some troubleshooting and got that fixed! Now my air printer is not working!!!! I know it has something to do with some password they assigned to me. They keep changing how things work! I will figure it out tomorrow. Enough for tonight.

Then my new uverse box came in today and I had to set it up! I actually got it working without any problem.

So tomorrow I have to send back the old uverse box and the broken laptop! I was waiting until the uverse box came in so I could just make one trip to UPS.

Yes Jeri I would never post all the stuff I put on here on FB! I love FB but I'm funny about what I post on it. I'm also very selective about my FB friends on my personal page. I know some people seem to see just how many friends they can get but I have to actually know them personally or know someone that knows them very well before I will accept a friend request or make a request myself. I only have a handful of people that I have not met personally. I'm even selective about DG people as FB friends. I still have to feel I know them in some way. Early on I accepted a friend request from someone on DG (don't even remember who they were) but a number of my DG friends were friends of theirs so I felt it was ok. I ended up unfriending that person. I didn't like the kind of stuff she posted and didn't want it showing up on my feed.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Figured it out!!! Thanks Yall for the help!!!

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Careful selection of "friends" is a good thing, and in the world we now live, it is a "necessary" thing. I seldom post on FB, and until FB informs me (weekly) that I have messages, I never go there. I know I should, simply for the sake of Tropical Plants & More, but like y'all, I have a private nature............LOL

Same here! I personally know every FB friend I have.

Good going, Charlotte! We got a new air printer for Christmas. It was somewhat tricky to set up but once we finally got it, we love it and can print from any of our devices, even our cell phones (iphones). We both have a Surface, and Earl still is migrating stuff from his old laptop, which has bluetooth, so it's been really easy.

We ordered a new rug for the study/man cave after Christmas. Found one at Home Depot that was really nice and thick, was the right dimensions and matched the draperies already there. Earl picked it up yesterday, so I wanted to get it put down last night. We took up the old one and the old pad since I had bought a new & better pad, I cleaned the hardwoods (who knows when that had been done last without the rug), and we got the new pad & rug down. It really looks good but now the room needs painting. Ugh! I really dread doing that and picking out the color. I picked up some samples while we were in HD so I know which direction to go, but we have big pieces of furniture in there to move to get to the walls. Piano, big computer desk. It won't be fun to unload all that and get started.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Uh, what's an "air-printer"?

Ken

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

i have no idea what an air printer is, Ken. Charlotte will have to answer that one for you.

Elaine, one thing always leads to another when it comes to decorating, doesn't it?? :D We have painted all the rooms in this house except the living room and one guest bedroom. I've been putting it off because the carpet needs to be replaced and I want hardwood floors and Al wants new carpeting. We are at an impasse, it seems. He thinks the hardwood floors would be too cold in the winter time. I told him he can wear house shoes instead of going barefoot. LOL I know real hardwood will cost more than carpeting so I am thinking maybe a good grade of laminate. Do any of you ladies have any experience with a good grade of laminate flooring? (is there such a thing as a good grade of laminate?)

My granddaughter, who is 21, has more than 1000 friends on FB. There is no way she could possible know all those people personally. I am like the rest of you--I'm careful about the people I allow as my FB friends. I'm also careful about my privacy settings and also careful about what I post on FB. Once on FB, forever in cyberspace!

By the way, has DG lowered the membership fee to $15.00?? I thought it was more like $20.00. guess I need to check that out. Hmmmmm. . .

Ken, you can always share some photos of your orchids with us. I have one orchid but the silly thing hasn't bloomed in almost two years. I'm sure I am doing something wrong.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Thank you for inviting me to show my orchids. I occasionally do so on the "Orchids" forum but there is not much activity there and thus I am seldom drawn to that forum. I actually do have a handful in bloom and I have brought three inside the house. I will take a photo of each of them in a while.

Ken

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

An air printer is totally wireless and you can print with your iphone and ipad. I figured out why I couldn't print with my iphone. I was doing some troubleshooting and learned that the printer operates on the same channel as boothtooth and can cause interference if you have your blue tooth turned on on the iphone. I have boothtooth in my SUV and keep the blue tooth turned on on my iphone. I tried my ipad and it printed just fine - so that was the problem. You have a air print address - mine ends in @hpeprint.com. I thought that was what was giving me problems. I do like my air printer. I seem to go through printers like crazy! They have gotten so inexpensive now. The one I have prints, scans, faxes and it only cost about 99.00. At Sam's it's 89.00. I used to pay around 500.00 for a printer that did the same thing. I got rid of about 4 printers a year or so ago and I still have 2 more I need to get rid off! I told you I buy lots of printers! I use my printer every day.

I still have an old desk top I need to get rid of. It was fine the last time I turned it on but that's been a number of years ago!! LOL I don't think we have to worry about losing data with the new laptops. All your photos, etc is backed up everywhere! I also have a google account and discovered last night that I have 7,000 plus photos there!

Jan seems to be the month to think about redoing. I just ordered a new rug for my kitchen. It's supposed to be here today. I ordered a new pad for it also. So Elaine I'll be doing the same thing you just did. I need to really clean the hardwood underneath. I ordered mine from Wayfair. Kristi had ordered one from there and I really liked the one she had ordered. Their prices are very good. I also ordered new chandelier shades for the breakfast area chandelier. I got some really cute burlap ones for less than you can buy them at Hobby Lobby. I actually enjoy shopping but it seems there are some things that it's just easier to find exactly what you want if you shop on line. Most places have free shipping. I'm also going to make a new valance for the window in the kitchen. It's 8 ft long and I don't like anything covering it up. I just have a swag type thing above it now. I ordered some coffee sacks and I'm going to make a valance out of them. The sacks came in this week but I'm still trying to decided exactly how I want it to look.

I've decided I'm going to change of my booths. You need to do that every so often. I've decided I'm going to put natural burlap over the pegboad to cover up the holes in the pegboard. I'm going to staple it to the 2x4 at the top and then use screws with a washer to attach it at the bottom. I ordered the burlap for that project too. I found some cheaper than I can buy it at Hancocks or JoAnn's. I also didn't want to mess with having to wait for them to measure and cut it and then wag it home! Burlap is burlap! I didn't need to see it.

Marilyn I don't know about laminate. All mine is real wood and it was expensive. I need to have the kitchen refinished but I don't think I want to deal with that now. I also need to replace the carpet in a bedroom and have thought about using a laminate. I would actually like to use it in the hallway upstairs also. I've thought about putting hardwood on the stairs but I'm afraid it might not be as secure for Richard to walk on. If I put it on the stairs I would have to use real wood and also use real wood in the hallway and bedroom. I have hardwood in the foyer so it would look funny to have hardwood in the foyer and then laminate on the stairs. So I'm just leaving things they way they are now. The dogs have such long fur they bring all kind of trash in with them from outside and of course it then sticks to the stairway carpet when they go upstairs. So I really have a hard time keeping the stairway clean.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Here are three orchids in the house and on the porch. I took a shot of some bromeliads while I was at it.

Thumbnail by drdawg43 Thumbnail by drdawg43 Thumbnail by drdawg43 Thumbnail by drdawg43 Thumbnail by drdawg43
Ripley, MS

I have an air printer too, love it, can push a button in the living room in my chair and pick up whatever I printed in the bedroom when I get up---LOL---now that is LAZY, but what fun!
I want to see something blooming too !!!! Pictures please !!

Ripley, MS

Oops, we crossed--LOVE the yellow !

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

I don't own an iphone or ipad. Heck, I don't even own a cell phone..........LOL But I can grow orchids!

Ken

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Glad you got all that worked out. I have an e-printer and I'm able to do print from anywhere with it. Is it the same thing?

I'm having to install Windows 8.1 for my accounting software to work.

Love the bromeliad and you have me with the last one. You could call that one LSU or GEAUX Tiger. LOL!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.