Happy Hour

Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

What would we do without the critters to keep us entertained during these long winter days?

Thumbnail by Pseudo Thumbnail by Pseudo
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Is that an albino squirrel? Or just photographic trickery?

Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

No trickery -- we've got a few white squirrels inhabiting the property. However, I don't think they're albino. Every now and again I'll see a coal black squirrel, which are quite beautiful and often think what a nice coat they'd make. I'm kidding! The birds look like Pine Siskin, but I'm not certain of that.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Resin will correct us all, but I think those are Goldfinch in their winter plumage.

Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

Ah, yes, I forgot how much they change from their bright summer plumage to winter drab. That makes one more reason I prefer summer to winter. Actually, December has been fairly mild and I'm trying to enjoy it as best I can. If you're going to live in it, you might as well embrace it. If only I could stop thinking about planting...

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

I'm thinking a mix of Pine Siskins (streaky flanks) and winter plumage American Goldfinches (plainer).

Resin

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I thought of female House finches, but then, those are my common ones here. Stupid SBBs- streaky brown birds

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.