It's final

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Brian's paperwork has gone through and he starts his new job in Orlando on January 5th. I am looking at joining him sometime permanently in early February.
The downsizing has begun!
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Good luck, Martha....hope you like FL.....I liked the idea of gardening in the winter, although you can only have hardy plants like pansies & flowering garlic for annuals.......veggie planting started in March as we were leaving.....There are some very frosty nights in central FL.....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

One thing about moving that surprised us: it makes total sense to do one of you in new place to do move- in stuff, and one of you in old place to clean, pack and organize, but we found it difficult to be separated. Stressful! Best of luck in everything, Martha.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Carrie,.The company is moving us. I am working like a dog now to offload stuff I don't need anymore, give my garden club back all the stuff I have been keeping and sorting out my files, etc. Brian has been on business trips that lasted for 10-14 days in the past. We'll miss each other, sure, but he will be doing his own laundry down there among other things. lol I will just be doing all the dog walking.
Martha

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Best wishes!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Martha, it sounds like a plan! We can barely sleep when we're not together.....sounds like you guys are healthy adults! Good luck. Also remember to join DG Florida forum in plenty of time!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

The Florida forum part is already done. I have peeked in and out of there for the last several years but I made my new location known since last month
Martha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

^_^

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

good luck martha!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

We are going down after Christmas but before Brian starts to look for a house.
Martha

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Best of success with your move and new location, Martha! It sounds heavenly to be in Florida.

You left a lot of blooming plants in MA. I am eager to see how the Batik you gave me will look in spring.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

all the best on this next phase of your life

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Well, folks, I am here! Landed in Orlando this afternoon. There are poinsettias outside the Wendys and palm tree outside the door of my motel room. No sign of the fabled Florida Sun, however. It is raining. I will see it soon enough.
More later
Happy New Year!
Martha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wonderful! I wish you wonderful adventures in Florida. Exciting!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Great news!

Thomaston, CT

Enjoy....you can also plant amaryllis in your garden, & the clumps will bloom in March....increasing every year!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I have two amaryllis with green leaves at home just waiting to arrive.
Martha

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

No lie, Martha. You might buy a machete. My parents used to have Florida property and I'd periodically help them tame the palmetto that grew rampantly. Seems everything grew very fast.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I need a lumberjack. We just made an offer on a property that looks like we will probably get in the next couple of weeks and this oak is in the back yard. I think it was probably planted by one of Robin Hood's merry men from a Sherwood Forest acorn. It looks that old.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Cool-looking tree!

Thomaston, CT

We had several Live oaks on our property.....they shed! The leathery leaves even got into the car.......when I traded my car in & had it thoroughly cleaned, Live oak leaves were in the spaces under the doors!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh, they accepted our offer today! It's my tree now. I will be having a mark-down firewood sale next month. My son will be joining us with his leaf blower once we get settled in. He has all the tools!
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Good to get it down, Martha......you'll have great fun planning a new garden....I'm envious!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Best wishes!

South Hamilton, MA

Happy Gardening.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I am a step closer to moving. My furniture got put on the moving truck yesterday. I am sleeping on the floor on my daughter's old mattress. I have to rent a truck for the plants and do some more cleanout and I am good to go. As long as the snow holds off.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Too bad you couldn't move a month ago & miss all that snow! Snow will only be a memory for you next winter.....enjoy FL!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Safe traveling!!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

The snow is making sure you won't miss it in winters to come. Happy move, Martha!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I am down here in my new house temporarily to unpack and to go see my niece play softball in Clermont this week. I have to go back to the frozen tundra in MA on
Thursday to close out the house up there and bring the plants and the dog down here. I am enjoying the warmer weather but it has been rainy the last two days.. hoping for some sun today. Love it here.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Happy to hear you love it in FL, Martha.....have fun with your new gardens!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Glad you love your new 'digs'.. Yay!!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

What a great time to prove you made the right decision!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.