Cheap rocks

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Where can I obtain cheap rocks for erosion control? I have a steep slope. it's full of wild black berries. They are invasive and ugly. Not mentioning that those thorns are dangerous. They do provide some erosion control. I want to get ride of them but I need other plants to take it's place for erosion control. I think planting alone might no be enough. I will need some rocks to stabilized the soil. The rocks in the garden centers are too expensive. Where can I get cheap rocks in large quantity because the area is large.

Thanks,

Kuan

Thumbnail by labchef Thumbnail by labchef Thumbnail by labchef
Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

If you are in an agricultural area(?) and if farmers in your area collect rocks from their fields into rock piles to make cultivation easier(?), you may be able to talk to one of them and gain permission to take rocks that the farmer has no use for.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Good idea. I am living in suburban and not too far from farm land.

Thanks,

Kuan

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Or, I've gathered plenty of rocks from freeway on-ramps in my area.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

Ones that were not put there intentionally as drainage erosion control, etc., I assume? Might want to be a little careful about that... ;-)

Beverly Hills, CA

What is the use of rock in planting?

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Sometimes just for visual appeal, but with alpine plants, the rocks recreate their natural environment providing the sharp drainage most of these plants require. Also the rocks can help isolate these naturally small plants to let them show off, rather than be overwhelmed by more energetic neighbors.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

In my experience, the farmers want to sell the rocks to you. Good luck on this endeavor. I've been looking for rocks for erosion also.

Carson City, NV

Craigs list checkout free sections I have gotten all sorts rock just for picking up
myself on craigs list

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

We are getting rocks from our church. They no longer want them. Yippee!

The three least expensive choices for arranging rocks are pea rock, stream shakes, and squashed concrete. There are different choices, including volcanic rock, which is more costly, and record, which can be fragile and break without any problem.

The three least expensive choices for arranging rocks are pea rock, waterway shakes, and squashed concrete. There are different choices, including pumice, which is more costly, and record, which can be weak and break without any problem.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.