Farming in December

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Another month gone, and this one has a good start too.

Come on, people, let's get this forum active and chatty again.............I miss it, it's just not the same over "there" as what it used to be here. I find it hard to believe that all the previous posters from here have done a mass exodus. I'm here.............keep me company, please!!!!!

Not much going on here; we've still got beasts to feed that belong to the neighbor. He brought 27 of them up to our other farm and those snots have been "on safari" twice. Cripes, can't they stay where they get feed, have water, and can go in the barn for shelter??? Wretched creatures. Most of them are in the pasture here at home with the ones we have had here all summer. We've already done a sort and put them back where they belong but they got out AGAIN. So, I guess they can stay here till their owner decides what we will do with them.

The SU and I are going away for a few days and I think we will need to sort out a couple that are starting to bag up pretty good. I for sure don't want any calves born here on our watch.

The frozen waterer situation has been taken care of when the electrician FINALLY came. Good thing, the SU was getting might tired of hauling hot water out to spray down the pipe.

Foggy here today, well, right now it is. Since we've made the sunroom, the sun has decided not to show its face much. I said I don't know if I'm really happy we shelled out all this $$ for a cloud room. :>)

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!