What the heck????

Crestview, FL(Zone 8b)

I'm not even sure this is a part of a bug. It was stuck to the trunk of one of my cherry trees. So sorry if I'm in the wrong forum. This looks like something I would see in a nightmare after a chili dog with too many onions. Does anyone know what it is?

Thumbnail by toybox
Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Looks like a larvae of some kind. What kind of pests do you have in FL?

Crestview, FL(Zone 8b)

What "don't" we have would be easier. But most of our pests travel in force. This is the first and only I've ever seen. It was dry and formed to the branch. I'll try to get a better pic. I know this one is not great

Hummelstown, PA(Zone 6b)

Looks like either a mealy bug or a woolly apple aphid.

Bradenton Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I have no clue what that is, except 1. I've seen it a bunch of times before when I had a garden in Virginia, and 2. your chili dog dream scenario gave me a good, unexpected belly-laugh :D and 3. it never seemed to cause any issues in my garden.....are you having problems as far as you can tell in your garden?

Rolesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Reminds me of a praying mantis egg case. Maybe it's an egg case of something similar.

Crestview, FL(Zone 8b)

Karmatree, nope...no problems that I can see. It's the first and only one I've ever seen. I'll keep an eye out when the spring starts. Until then...no more onions.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.