Hurtwood Byrony x Hurstwood Francisco

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

This cold group brug. bloomed in 9 months time , my first cold group to survive and bloom in a summers time

Patricia

Thumbnail by jerodsmom
Premont, TX(Zone 9b)

that is beautiful Patricia

Hamilton, OH

Patricia
That is a Beautiful Bloom, Wow 9 months to Bloom That's quick, I am so glad to see you posting

Elizabeth

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I just saw this today. What does cold group mean? It's a lovely color. Will you have cuttings at any time or do you live way south where there's no frost?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I live in cold rainy Oregon. I have my plant in the greenhouse and it isn't liking it so I don't know if it is going to survive the winter. You would think it would like it in but it may be the dampness that it isn't liking, lots of condensation. I have never rooted one of the cold group brugs. before, I believe I remember it being said that they are harder to root.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Cold group means that it doesn't like real warm or hot temperatures. They seem to like more shade also.

Maybe you should take cuttings and put them elsewhere. I take most cuttings from the trunk but also some from above the first Y for the shorter, more shrub-like plants. They bloom earlier, too.
Thanks for explaining the cold group.

Long Beach, CA

Patricia she is very lovely. I planted some cold brug seeds. I hope they do well here. Happy Holidays
Rhapsody

Eureka!
jerodsmom, Cold brugs would be perfect here as I am in a cool and rainy area up in the Appalachians and also have mostly shade. Can you post a list of some of the ones you know?
P.S. We live in Transylvania County, not too far south of Asheville. Lots of folks here call our area Rainsylvania instead of Transylvania. Help me out please

Long Beach, CA

No way to list them all. But here is a site that has some!

http://brugmansia-quebec.com/Catalogue/Brugmansia%20Spaerocarpiums%20%28Groupe%20Froid%29_ang.html

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I grew this one from seed I bought from Alan Ashworth who is in England. I believe they are hard to root so growing from seed is the best way to do it. I may plant a few more this season but my love is the warm group brugs.

Long Beach, CA

That would be nice. Can you still air layer them to propagate?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I don't know but I will give it a try this summer and see how it works out. I still have some of these seeds that I am going to grow out this summer.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I have never heard of "cold group" till I saw it on a fb group.....love lots on the Canadian site but most are sang hybrids that have never grown well in hot weather....do they still call them sangs?are there still versa suaves and insig? I am so outa the loop....trying to get back in

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I am new to growing them so really can't answer your question.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I am new to growing them so really can't answer your question.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.