Fall Colors 2014

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

This thread has been a little slow - here is some leftover Halloween japanese maple color candy

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

viridis, a couple of oregon fern, acontifolium, Vitifolium

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

crimson carole, Shirazz showing great color, waterfall, Beni Shigitatsu sawa/satomi DW/bloodgood, close up of Beni Shigitatsu sawa

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

bloodgood, Koto no ito

This message was edited Nov 6, 2014 8:33 PM

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Koto no ito & red baron, yard shot at dusk, Omure yama, Olsen's Frosted Strawberry &
amber ghost, have to check the tag:)

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

yard shots - i can let you know what is what if you want.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

again more yard shots - if something jumps out at you let me know.

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Stunning Wha! I see so much work and time...well spent. Great use of your natural resources as well. Love it, love it...

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

thank you mippii

Is it just me, or does 'Beni Shigitatsu' have the most vibrant red? I came across this var. when on a search for the most vibrant red.

On your second to last post, third pic in; what is the shrub with the upright branches?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

that is a smoke bush - name escapes me - my list is on another PC - it is named after the breeders wife - I will get it for you. need to trim this hard each spring.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Grace

Thanks, does your Grace get a little leggy (ordinarily a good thing), she's got fine fall color too.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Beautiful colors! No wonder you love the JM's- they are really, really spectacular!

How does Sangokaku stack up in the display? Or is that tree more about the coral bark? Do you have pictures of it now?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

grace gets cut to the shins each spring

pam is sango kaku from this year, 2012 and 2013

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Wow, it's just gorgeous. I love all the bright reds and oranges too, but there's something about this tree that just gets to me. Maybe because I had one and got to love it in my first garden... My most favorite season for it is spring, when the chartreuse leaves start to emerge against that bright, bright bark. The one that's reserved for me will be mine as soon as it starts to come out of dormancy, so I'll get to have that again.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous pictures..... I just purchased two small Crimson Queens and 2 Orangeolas.......
It will be awhile before they are much of a show, but I am excited! Just hope I can keep them alive.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.